PDA

View Full Version : Worse than getting T boned by a sea doo!!

crnsuperduty
07-31-2005, 05:43 PM
I thought it was bad when he got hit by a sea doo a few weeks ago. Thursday I got hit by a buick! I was driving down the road minding my own business, some guy pull out behind my truck and hit right into the fender of the boat trailer. Destroyed my trailer, and scratched my boat all up. Plus dented up my new prop. Insurance isn't helping at all, and Michigan no fault, I can't even make the guy pay for anything.

Thought you all would appreciate my story. Oh did I mention I was on the lake for a 3 day weekend, and couldn't even take my boat.

Salty87
08-01-2005, 01:16 PM
that blows!!! how can someone get away with that??

DKJBama92Mariah
08-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Man that sux. I can definitely empathize with you though. I just got my boat back today.

I'm a little rusty on insurance law since i had the class over a year ago, and we didnt cover much "no-fault" law because Alabama isnt like that. The damage to your boat should be covered by the collision coverage of your truck. Also, most homeowners policies cover property damage to personal property not located at your home up to 10% of your coverage amount. One other thing. Since your boat probably isnt a "motor vehicle" under the no-fault statute, you might still be able to go after the guy.

I would just start calling your insurance agents until you find one that covers it. If you still dont get the answer you want, a lot of times a well written letter from an attorney to "rattle their cage" will make a company step up to the plate.

Good luck pal, and let us know how it turns out.

Cheers,
DKJ

crnsuperduty
08-02-2005, 08:56 AM
I've tried most of that already. I talked to all of my insurance agents while I was waiting for the cop to write the report. I got nowhere with that.
I tried to get my cousing who is a lawer here in Michigan to "rattle their cage", but he represents my insurance company, so he isn't even allowed to talk to me about it. What a pain. I'm sure there is somthing I can do, but I don't want to wait until december to have my boat back, so I'm just going to take it in the rear and fix it my self, so I can enjoy my boat for the little bit of summer thats left.

DKJBama92Mariah
11-14-2005, 08:42 PM
CRN,

How did your repair turn out? Did you ever get any compensation? \

DKJ

1988comp
04-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I would "make him pay" in one way or another

Bazel
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
You may also want to reach out to the Department of Insurance for Michigan as well.