PDA

View Full Version : why do i have 2 speedometer and no pp?

jerry_t409
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
why do i have 2 speedometer and they're not reading the same? I do not perfect pass either. it's an 02 supra lauch. Also my fuel gauge and tachometer is not working, but the hour meter is.

crystal waters
05-25-2012, 12:19 PM
suspect two separate problems.
one of your speedo tube pick ups may be dirty or blocked-needs to be purged
with regards to the fuel gauge and tachometer- suspect electrical issues

jerry_t409
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
i dont know if mines uses the pickup tube. i know i have a paddle wheel thou, and behind the gauges are all wires no tube.

sybrmike
05-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Two independent speedometers with dedicated pickup tubes are a throw back to the old tournament ski boat days where timing through the course was critical. Since you've got a paddlewheel instead of pickup tubes, the signal from a single paddlewheel is split to both speedo's. There should be an adjustment knob for each speedo tucked up underneath the dash somewhere.

Faulty guages - time to break out the multimeter. Check for ground, power, and signal to each guage.

jerry_t409
05-25-2012, 03:32 PM
yes thank you, i've seen the two knobs and was wonder wft it's for. read the manual online found out what the knobs are for.

DAFF
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Try looping the ground on the sending unit on the top of the fuel tank. By doing this you can determine where the issue lies to a point. If the guage spikes then I would suspect the sending unit. Also if the guage does nothing check for ground near the back of the boat. I think the rear clear bulb on the back runs from this ground too. So if it is not working try findig a schematic on where the ground originates.

CornRickey
05-28-2012, 09:24 PM
My boat had several faulty Farai gauges when I bought it. I registered on there website for repair, sent them in and three weeks later I will be getting them in the mail. 4 gauges (speedo, tach with digital hr meter, volt, temp) $150.

jerry_t409
06-01-2012, 04:33 PM
which website cornRickey?

CornRickey
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
http://www.faria-instruments.com/
Sign up in the repair area. They will email you a sheet to print out and send them in. When I did mine they said a 4wk turn time. I just got mine back a week early. They don't repair them, they replace them. My new ones look exactly like the originals with the Supra label on the faces.