PDA

View Full Version : BIG Problem With Sound System- 2 Kicker Amps (Supra 2009

bdsupra
05-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Okay so at first, the speakers were just freaking out all around and booming and sparking. I cut off the boat took out the keys and even turned the battery control nob to off(inside the passenger lower compartment where the two batteries and amps are located. The noises continued until I pushed the main and ballast red circuit buttons. Every time i would push the circuit breaker back in, the noise would continue. The bigger amp had a red protection light blinking. So, I unplugged the amps and all from the accessory battery and just randomly unplugged stuff and plugged it back in to see what would happen.
Now all the speakers in the boat and the sub are working perfectly, but no sound is coming from the tower speakers!
Any ideas on what to do?!

joel210
05-27-2012, 07:14 PM
sounds like a short in the speaker wires. or possibly the RCA wires half unplugged, but that wouldn'd throw a red protection light on. Make sure all the speaker wires aren't touching anything on the amp side and also up on the tower. Also check where the wires are ran thru the tower, possible shafing and shorting out. Make sure the grounds for the amps are secure. If the red protection light is still on, first try to locate the short before putting in another blade fuse into the amp. If you think you fixed it, put in a really small fuse 10amp or less just to see if the amp will turn on, if there is still a short that will blow right away.

seand
08-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same issue with my 2009 Launch. Sounds like the same set up (2 kicker amps), sounds (often when bilge or fan goes on) and result (dead battery in 2-3 days). How was this resolved? Thanks.