PDA

View Full Version : Boat covers

gzon
08-04-2005, 10:32 AM
We own a Supra Launch from 2000 and we are located in Stockholm Sweden. During summer we have our boat in the water most of the time. I.e. not on the trailer. The boat cover that came with it does not handle wind and rain very well as it is most likely a trailer cover. Moreover it is now broken.

I am trying to find out if there are any better covers made by Supra. I am not able to find any information on the homepage but on this page the upper left image shows a cover that looks like what we need. http://www.supraboats.com/configure.asp

Diggs
08-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Check out Rankin covers. You will have to search for them online. I believe they are out of Washington in the US. They make an awesome cover. They are a little pricey, but worth it. Most of the Supras on the west coast have these covers....

08-05-2005, 06:38 PM
I believe our cover is a Great Lakes boat cover and looks like that one you pointed out. the web site is www.greatlakesboattop.com

jflock2
08-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Mine came with the cover in that pic...it does very well in rain, wind, ect. You should be able to order one through a dealer...you may have to drill snap holes if you don't have them...

JGates
08-12-2005, 08:21 AM
What about covers that don't require snaps? I use my morring cover with some minor modifications but it is royal pain to put on in the water plus the elements are starting to take a toll, the ducks too! MC has a fantastic cover that cinches near the platform, is made of nylon material, light weight, snug and water repelent. A perfect world...jg