PDA

View Full Version : 87 Sunsport rub rail?

DGREEN
05-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Hey everyone, I know a ton of u fellow SS owners have replaced ur rubrail with stainless, which do I get, how much and where? Thanks for the help!

wotan2525
05-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Jim @ Viper Customs had the rub-rail cheaper and with cheaper shipping than anyone online that I could find. Might be worth checking around locally if anyone near you has them -- the SS rubrails need to come via freight since they are so long. If you can find one locally you'd probably save a bunch of shipping.

csuggs
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Mine came from Viper. When you're looking at these, keep in mind that the rubber part comes in different colors. Most I've seen are black with stainless insert, mine is gray with stainless insert. Don't know if there are other colors or not.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/csuggs/221db7a3.jpg

DGREEN
05-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Awesome guys! R u guys aware of the manufacturer and model of rubrail it is? I've been looking locally and studying pictures in catalogs but not real sure I'm looking at the right stuff. Thank you for the info

DGREEN
06-01-2012, 10:57 AM
I sent out an email to Viper, hopefully I can get the goods!

wotan2525
06-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath for a response. Jim is a phone guy -- give him a shout and he'll take care of you.

DGREEN
06-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Good to know! Thanks a ton!

DGREEN
06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
OK, I've left msg for Jim at Viper, no reply yet. I guess I'll ask again, are any of you restore experts on here aware of the make and model of the rubrail, is it a taco brand?? I'd love to just swing by a local marine shop and get it ordered up just in the event Jim is buried and not too interested in shipping some rubrail to a yablo in Seattle ;-)) Another question a bit off subject, what about impeller make and model? been real lucky the last 2 seasons with mine, but i've got some trips coming up and dont wanna get stuck drifting with an overheating boat!! Thanks again everyone, this forum is an amazing resource.

csuggs
06-07-2012, 08:50 AM
OK, I've left msg for Jim at Viper, no reply yet. I guess I'll ask again, are any of you restore experts on here aware of the make and model of the rubrail, is it a taco brand?? I'd love to just swing by a local marine shop and get it ordered up just in the event Jim is buried and not too interested in shipping some rubrail to a yablo in Seattle ;-)) Another question a bit off subject, what about impeller make and model? been real lucky the last 2 seasons with mine, but i've got some trips coming up and dont wanna get stuck drifting with an overheating boat!! Thanks again everyone, this forum is an amazing resource.

Don't wait on Jim to call you back. Don't get me wrong, his work is descent, but he lacks customer service . . . . big time.

Salty87
06-07-2012, 09:11 AM
how does Jim ship ss rails cheaper than a larger operation like iboats?

i replaced mine but went with the original rubber/rubber combo. if you go that route, cut a section of your rubrail and compare to what shows on taco marine's site. they have cross sections with measurements posted.