PDA

View Full Version : Never Surfed need board advice

22supra
05-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Well sold the old Supra Mariah and bought an 08 22SSV with intentions to learn to surf!! The question is for a beginner is there a board type/size good to accomodate men, women and kids (15 yrs old) or are 2 boards needed? All of us are fairly good wake boarders so don't really want the beginner board but need something that we can learn/practice on. I am sure future ballast questions will come but need a board first. Any advice is greatly appreciated. By the way had the boat out once this past weekend and wow is it amazing!!!!

chrisk
05-30-2012, 05:07 PM
I think a common universal board is the hyperlite broadcast

kvand347
05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
I second what Chris said. Hyperlite broadcast should do the trick.

wotan2525
05-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Also vote for the hyperlite broadcast. By the bigger of the two -- it will always be useful for beginners/noobs even when you outgrow it (which you will quickly.)

22supra
05-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the input, going shopping tomorrow to begin the adventure this weekend. Our local sports shop has the CWB Surf series Ride has a red background that comes with a surf rope and instructional DVD for $274, The hyperlite i found for $334 but still need a rope. Is the CWB a waste of money?

chrisk
05-31-2012, 05:04 PM
CWB isn't a waste of money, but I don't know where you're shopping for the Hyperlite...

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wake-surfboards/hyperlite-broadcast-wakesurf-board-2011.aspx#image=39966.Size.WakeSurf_49_Image.jpg

Hematoma
05-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Personally I would go with the HyperLite Landlock. It's like a mini long board for wake surfing. Very stable and doesn't take a huge wave to be pushed along. If any of you have NEVER surfed your going to fight that broadcast. This is coming from somebody who has OCEAN surfed 30+ yrs and the first mistake newbs make is run out and buy a short board. Shortboards are gonna take more balance and learning to stay in the pocket.

Lots of falling which = stops and starts = wear and tear on boat. I tried to get my family up and ropeless with my short boards no dice, picked up that Landlocked and 2 sessions later my daughter is ropeless and pumping in and out of the pocket.

webbbrad
06-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Bigger more buoyant board a good start for sure.
I started with a LF venture. Never got real comfy with it. Got on an Inland Surfer Blue lake and was Hooked.

Know antsy friends who surf? Trying a few never hurts!

Geary101
06-02-2012, 06:39 AM
I've been surfing since about 2005.

My 1st board was a CWB Ride.

My wife and I were tought to ride on it, we teach others on it and I still enjoy riding it now and then.

Definetly NOT a waste of money. Sometimes you can pick up a blem for under $200

I agree with Brad - my favorite board is the IS Blue Lake Quad

KG's Supra24
06-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Ride was or beginner board, still teach on it and some still ride it. Solid purchase for us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

22supra
06-02-2012, 01:35 PM
The journey begins tomorrow, Thanks for everyone's input. I got the CWB ride due to availability at the local shop and it came with a rope.