PDA

View Full Version : Water in the fuel tank, 1990 Comp TS6M

Jr0dusmc
05-30-2012, 10:02 PM
So this is the second time I've had this issue and it's not the everyday condensation after winter or water from the fuel station at the marina. When i take the water separator off there is a good 10% plus water in it. I believe it is from the tank vent that is in the rear. I've been told to put a loop in the vent hose or install a new self venting cap. Does anyone know the best fix for this issue? PLEASE PLEASE HELP, ruined our memorial weekend.

bens250ex
05-31-2012, 10:47 AM
I had this problem ruined my maden voyage this year. Where is yours located on the hull or on the top cap? Can you take a pic of how yours it set up right now? I fixed mine by moving it

jet
05-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes, Im fixing to put mine back in so I need to know also??

Jr0dusmc
05-31-2012, 01:44 PM
No picture at this time but it is right above the swim deck in the rear. I've also been told to move it towards the bow to avoid this but I'd hate to put a hole in my boat and love how they look original.

kvand347
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Mine is in the top port corner of the transom. The hose is connected without a loop to the top of the fuel cell. No problems...yet. We will see with all the wakesurfing I do this summer.

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o621/kvand347/0631.jpg?t=1338488161

Jr0dusmc
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Mine is located in the same spot with same position of the hose. With the comp it sits much much lower to the water and with a few people in the back it is constantly kissing the water and when i slow down the water catches up to it even more.

Jr0dusmc
05-31-2012, 02:55 PM
I guess what i'm asking is has anyone ever taken the tank and either put a loop i the hose or installed a new fuel tank? I am pretty handy and just looking for guidance in how to do it and which would be easier.

bens250ex
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't have a pic of what I did but what I decided to do is move the vent. I pulled it from the orig. spot and put it a couple inches forward and a up on the cap portion of the boat above the rub rail. I then turned the orig. vent hole into another bilge for the rear of boat. It's was a easy solution now it won't go under water unless the boat sinks

Jr0dusmc
06-02-2012, 02:35 AM
well i just got done working on the thing and after all i the ideas i decided to put about 15 feet of extra hose with a loop in it at the end going along the port side of the boat. If i build up that much water pressure to flood that thing then i have got some serious issues. i decided to go with this cause it looks the most stock an i am always against drilling more holes in my boat. only bad thing is when filling up ill really have to watch out for fuel going all through that hose cause that might spring up a new issue.