PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Supra TS6M Comp Tilting

bbstodz
05-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Just bought a new 1996 TS6M Comp. When the boat is in the water it has a significant tilt to the starboard side. Even when running the tilt is still noticeable. Any suggestions of what would cause this and how to fix it?

Forgive my lack of technical knowledge, but I was thinking the only cause could be if the gas tank is split into two sides and only the right half is filling up? Does this make sense at all?

Thanks!

chrisk
05-31-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm guessing that there is water trapped in your bilge somehow. I'm not sure what the stringer layout is on that vintage so I don't know if that's possible or not but it's my first thought. Try parking it on the trailer on a steep hill and pulling the rear drain plug.

Other option: don't know how much you weigh but if you're anything over 200 lbs and you're noticing the tilt while you're the only one in the boat you may be the culprit. The comps are small boats that are affected A LOT by weight placement.

DAFF
05-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Pull the tray were your feet go in front of the drivers seat. I'm guessing the foam is saturated on this side causing the lean. If the wetness is severe you can try cutting a slit into the foam as deep as possible and placing a wet vac slim nosel inside the slit. Hopefully this will remove some water. You might burn out the vaccume before it seems dryer....