PDA

View Full Version : 2005 LTS Launch a No Fuel Weekend

babybud
06-03-2012, 09:47 PM
We had a blast this weekend pulling our kids with our 2005 LTS Supra Launch and the gas gauge stayed on full the whole weekend!
I opened up the back storage compartment to take a peak at the tank and the tanks about 1/3 full. Can anyone on the Supra Forum provide some assistance on how to trouble shoot my stuck fuel gauge. Is there a way to get it working again or do I need to order a new unit? What makes them go bad. I've been running some Seafoam at 1 oz to 1 gallon and I was wondering if the Seafoam fuel additive might have damaged the fuel sender unit in the tank. Regards, Brad

CornRickey
06-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Let me tell you a story....was out on Lake Washington a while back on my SN with friends. Boat died. Gauge said 1/2 . Had a nice guy afar pulling me back with a OB. This was going to be a several hour tow so I bought some mixed off of him and got back. Took the sending unit out, ran it up and down and the thing worked flawlessly. About a hour later I had it together, went out again several weeks later and same thing. I'll admit I was a little stupid for not keeping it full. Long story short those things are cheap to replace compared to the hassle of installing twice and ruining a day. Go buy a new one and replace it!