PDA

View Full Version : water under floor

csl
06-04-2012, 09:11 PM
I know there have been a million posts on saturated foam, but I have one more. I cut an access hole in the engine compartment to see my foam over the winter, and it was wet. I sealed up inside and around the trapps very well with 5200 and checked the swim platform bolts. My question is that I took the boat out for the first time this week, and the access hole I made had water slowly seeping into it. Were could there be water getting in other than those two areas? there is no water coming in the
engine compartment, just in the foam.

Hematoma
06-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I know there have been a million posts on saturated foam, but I have one more. I cut an access hole in the engine compartment to see my foam over the winter, and it was wet. I sealed up inside and around the trapps very well with 5200 and checked the swim platform bolts. My question is that I took the boat out for the first time this week, and the access hole I made had water slowly seeping into it. Were could there be water getting in other than those two areas? there is no water coming in the
engine compartment, just in the foam.Could be your exhaust tubes running thru the floor are rotted or have a hole? Hard to tell, could be water from up near the bow traveling towards the transom? Hard to tell I know. Got a pic?

lively
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
How much water did you see when u origanally removed that part of the floor?
There is water and more water that is trapped in the bow / cross supports / under foam / ect.
Just because u seen one area and dry it out .. there is still water trapped ... 97% of these older supras have water.. just keep an eye on urmotor mounts

csl
06-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I wondered about my exhaust tubes also, I will get some pictures tomorrow.

csuggs
06-04-2012, 10:34 PM
You might be surprised where all water comes from once the fam gets saturated. I could tell you stories . . .

csl
06-04-2012, 10:55 PM
ha, I knew that would be the answer. the motor mounts seem good enough right now. A stringer job is in my future, but I would like to hold it off a little longer. just making sure a little water sloshing around isn't going to hurt me too bad.

sybrmike
06-05-2012, 03:40 PM
The water will continue to leach out of saturated foam for weeks, months, & even longer? When removing my foam, I'd clean up & mop up the water only to find more standing water when I returned in a few days.