PDA

View Full Version : 87 comp ts6m exhaust question

noslo98
06-05-2012, 01:20 PM
I know a lot of you on here have done this but I am not seeing the answers I was looking for so here it is again..lol On the earlier models like my 87 Comp TS6M with the supertrapp exhaust what do you need to do to get rid of them and go to the flappers? I just picked up this boat and it has two different supertrapp end caps and style disks on it and they are no longer available and I see they cause more problems than they do good and never did like the supertrapps on anything personally. I pulled the flange off the rear and was curious if the section with the stud came out as well or do you just grind out the stud and throw the flapper flange on? Also what flapper are you guys using?

lively
06-05-2012, 02:20 PM
I know a lot of you on here have done this but I am not seeing the answers I was looking for so here it is again..lol On the earlier models like my 87 Comp TS6M with the supertrapp exhaust what do you need to do to get rid of them and go to the flappers? I just picked up this boat and it has two different supertrapp end caps and style disks on it and they are no longer available and I see they cause more problems than they do good and never did like the supertrapps on anything personally. I pulled the flange off the rear and was curious if the section with the stud came out as well or do you just grind out the stud and throw the flapper flange on? Also what flapper are you guys using?ebay has a plastic set up for 150.00 I got my stainless thruhulls from there also. Basicly you need to pull the gas tank, cut two access panels to cut your exhaust pipe, u will need reinforced wire hose and some
5200 and 8 clamps ..

Get your tips, cut pipe, install hose and tips with 5200, throughbolt fastening ... seal it back up and let he rip

I have internal flaps on mine just didn't like the whole flapped on the outside scheme ..

This is how I did mine ...

noslo98
06-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Ok cool thanks for the info im new to boats this is my first so ill look into it.

Jetlink
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
I just did mine and although it probably wasn't as easy as Lively put it, I did not have to pull the gas tank to do it.