PDA

View Full Version : Needed - Dash / console wiring diagram for 2004 SSV

Wakebrad
06-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I have a 2004 Supra SSV and I'm not sure exactly what/when it happened but I am having trouble with the lighting on the switches on the console on the right (nav lights, bilge, stereo, etc).

I'm having some weird cross-lighting issue where somehow the switches are affecting the lighting on other switches. The functions all work fine and properly, but for instance, if the stereo switch is on the light is lit properly, but if you switch the Stereo and Nav switch on at the same time the Stereo light turns off. There's other occurances of this cross lighting dependence that doesn't seem to be there.

Seems like it's a wiring issue or maybe one of the switches is out. This would take hours and hours for the dealership to diagnose so I'd rather do it myself. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that panel?

Thanks,
-Brad

lively
06-06-2012, 06:35 PM
have you checked your grounds ? sounds like you have a loose ground , all lights are jumped through each other and surely share the same ground .. it will tell you on the back of the
gauge ..

Wakebrad
06-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks Lively. That sounds like it may be it. I am curious if anyone has the actual diagram so I can confirm everything is wired up and I know what I'm working with without having to get my voltmeter out each time.

CornRickey
06-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I agree that t is a ground issue. My 03 has a circuit board behind the switches that they plug directly into. I would check the terminals on the back of the dash gauges and verify the grounds are tight (black). I havnt been able to find a wiring diagram for these things, only engine wiring diagrams. Is take the drives seat out and spend some time under the dash following wires. The circuit board that the breakers are on can have connector issues. I recently found a hot wire lead crossing to another circuit causing problems.