PDA

View Full Version : What do y'all think about the 2000 santera?

Alex11
06-07-2012, 11:35 AM
http://swrvandmarine.com/viewitem.php?id=676&basename=watercraft

It looks clean and nice but there are not to many reviews of the company. So if any of y'all are in Austin do y'all know anything about these guys? They sell on consignment so that also worries me a little cause if you look on google maps then it's a little gravel lot with a bunch of boats.

Is the santera a good boat? From what I read it is the same hill as the launch. We just want it for tooling around the lake and skiing more than wake boarding do the tower is not a big deal and actually for want it do we can pull it into the garage.

What all should I look for if we do go check it out. Also where is the hull ID number on supras so we can make sure everything is legit and matches.

Thanks

Alex

moombamania
06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Cant provide input, just giving a link to another..... higher priced but comparison anyway.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/3014280744.html

FULL-THROTTLE
06-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Alex,

It looks like a real nice boat, trailer in very nice also, with swing away tounge, I noticed in the ad OR BEST OFFER, low ball them and see what happens. Have you looked around for comparible prices? Certainly seems like a good boat for the money, just be sure to have a real good look at everything on the boat, engine , transmission and accessories. Look at the oil in engine and trans. Any service records from past owners??
Don't forget the season is here, if it is a decent deal it won't last long.

Best of luck,

Fran

haugy
06-07-2012, 03:55 PM
It's not the same hull as the Launch.

Great boat though, it would have been my most likely contender if I wanted up the price for an entry V-drive. Can put out a good wake if weighted.

If considering this boat, give it's electronics a thorough run-through. These boats were very nice, their only downside was sometimes the electronics could get a little twitchy.

Alex11
06-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Nada says 21 for the boat in average condition 19 for low. Seems about right compared to most other ones I have seen. I was wondering what y'all thought a good price would be. also do you normally factor in the price of the trailer?

Anything in particular to check with the engine and teams? An oil just make sure is not gritty or super dark or low?

What electronics would be twitchy and how can you tell?

We are considering the boat so we might head that way this weekend. So all the help y'all can provide would be awesome cause this will be the first boat I have bought so I want to make sure everything is all good.

haugy
06-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Make sure all electronics work first. Then look under the dash and make sure nothing is hanging, or is loose. No gremlins or anything, just make sure it's all functioning and tight.

Good luck, great riding boats.

redraider08
06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I emailed these guys about a boat they were asking about $13K for and they came down to about $11K just over an email. So i would definitely offer a couple of K under if you like the boat.

BigCity444
06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I never wish to be insulting, but $27,000. That guy is in for a reality check very soon.

moombamania
06-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Couldn't agree more BigCity.....