PDA

View Full Version : ballast not working

jerry_t409
06-07-2012, 07:18 PM
i just purchased an 02 lauch, and when i tried to turn on the ballast it doesnt look like it's filling up. there is a shut off valve before the pump. when i open the valve i can see water spraying around the valve w/ or w/o the switch turned on. when i turn on the switch i can hear the engine getting a load. does it look like my pump is out or how long does it take for the rear to fill up and how would i know if it's filled up?

rwadlow
06-08-2012, 08:50 AM
I have an 02 and had problems at first. What helped us is to prime the pump by turning on the shower accessory key.
Turn the shower on and let it run for a few minutes. Then turn on the ballast bag you want to fill up , once you turn on the button drive the boat around the lake 20 mph or more that feels up the bad real quick. Just be sure to check after 5 minutes because it will fill up SUPER FAST ............
When you go to drain the ballast (to drain fast) turn on all the drain buttons for all three ballast bags even if you just have one filled up and turn on the bilge for a little bit again run the boat and it will drain by the time you get back to the marina