PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye Depth sounder Attention Jetlink

Hematoma
06-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey Jet I noticed in those pics of your dash you have a Hawkeye depth sounder, how you like that piece of crap? I have had mine for 2 yrs and it has yet to work like it should. I have moved it all over the bilge from one end to the other and the best I have got was for it to work while moving 25mph or faster. Turd wont work while sitting still. Any ideas?

eblom
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I just put one in this year and it isnt working correctly either... I get the air and water temp fine but the depth only flashes on every once in awhile... Most of the time it is displaying "_.__" I called Norcross/Hawkeye and they claim it is a software issue and are sending me out another one whenever they receive them...

Hematoma
06-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I just put one in this year and it isnt working correctly either... I get the air and water temp fine but the depth only flashes on every once in awhile... Most of the time it is displaying "_.__" I called Norcross/Hawkeye and they claim it is a software issue and are sending me out another one whenever they receive them...Same here I should have sprung for a Faria instead of being a cheap @ss, Here in AZ the lakes are rock bottoms so slow speed trolling into the coves is a must, I already hit my prop once which promted me to get a depth sounder. That doesn't work lol.

Jetlink
06-08-2012, 01:38 PM
No issues with it since I installed it. It will occasionally get confused if I am over a really soft bottom or in really shallow water but like I said, no issues with it reporting depth.

Hematoma
06-08-2012, 05:03 PM
No issues with it since I installed it. It will occasionally get confused if I am over a really soft bottom or in really shallow water but like I said, no issues with it reporting depth.Is yours through the hull or on the transom? If in the bilge where do you have it placed? How old is also, mine is 2 yrs old. Wonder if I have the software problem like the guy above?

Jetlink
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Two going on three years old. I have mine mounted on the transom, starboard side outside of the exhaust area. I am running a 2 foot keel offset as well to give myself a buffer zone for all my running gear below water.

Hematoma
06-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Two going on three years old. I have mine mounted on the transom, starboard side outside of the exhaust area. I am running a 2 foot keel offset as well to give myself a buffer zone for all my running gear below water.Ok that explains why yours works so damn good lol. They don't work worth a chit thru the hull.

eblom
06-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Mine is the the thru hull as in I drilled a 2" hole in the bottom of my boat... I am hoping the new one fixes my issue... I think there is a 2 or 3 yr warranty... Call them up & see what they will do for u...