PDA

View Full Version : Sack drain pump

zjeremy
06-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I need to replace the front wake sac drain pump on my 2001 Supra Launch. Anyone have a great site they use for parts. Also, I siphon fill one of my sacs when i am moving. is there a valve or something in the intakes under the boat or do i need to replace those pumps as well. They both work fine filling the sacs but this gradual filling while i am moving drives me nutz. Thanks, I love my Supra

rtpaxton2
06-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Check out wake makers at www.wakemakers.com They are EXTREMLY knowledgable, and know the plumbing of most factory systems. Prices are reasonable and they ship quickly (or if it gets back ordered they bumped my shipping up).

wontonrunner
06-10-2012, 03:09 AM
I need to replace the front wake sac drain pump on my 2001 Supra Launch. Anyone have a great site they use for parts. Also, I siphon fill one of my sacs when i am moving. is there a valve or something in the intakes under the boat or do i need to replace those pumps as well. They both work fine filling the sacs but this gradual filling while i am moving drives me nutz. Thanks, I love my Supra

if the 2001 is like my 2004 supra launch, then it probably has the bertha ballast system. It uses 3 orbit sprinkler valves to control water flow into the sacs. My boat was doing the same thing. The valves get crap in them or they get damaged over winter if you dont pull them apart and drain all the water out of them. If they are Orbit valves like mine, the sprinker guys in my town don't speak highly of them. I have to agree. I have orbit sprinkler valves on my house and they are leaking badly after less than 3 years. They are junk. To test them pull the valves off the boat and hook them up to your garden hose. If water flows through them you have an issue. I pulled mine apart and cleaned them with a toothbrush but it didnt help. If yours leak take them to a sprinkler shop and they will set you up with a good replacement valve. They all work on a 24V system so they are all interchangable.

zjeremy
06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I appreciate the info, I will check out the website and replace those units.