PDA

View Full Version : new owner of a 1989 Canbrio

avlrecycling
06-08-2012, 11:53 PM
I just purchased this boat at salvage auction with the info that it runs, but has water damage. Hoping for the best but really know very little about the boat. Just knew I wanted a ski/wake boat in the Supra class of boats. Not the later model years I would love to have, but it is a starting point. Wouild be great to get some input on where to get parts, and what ever else I should know about this model Supra. Also there is a 1986 Supra parts boat online. How interchangible would parts be between a 86 and 89? Thanks Brent

Jetlink
06-09-2012, 12:13 AM
www.skidim.com for most if not all your inboard needs... Start there, as for the other question, depends on model of supra. If you're trying to swap parts from a big block boat to the small block conbrio, things can get tricky.

haugy
06-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the board. For reference, not many manufacturers or parts suppliers know the name "Conbrio". But they do know the Supra Comp. That is it's closed bow twin. So sometimes if you have a hard time looking for parts, you can reference the Comp Ts6m if you have to.

There are quite a few parts that can interchange from 86-89, but there were a lot of improvements made over those years. The dashes, gauges, switches, etc were all different. Hinges and latches were different. Mechanically they can be close as well, but be very thorough in your checking.

For the most part the parts boat could be a good donor of seats, vinyl, brackets, hard ware, cleats, lights, etc.

www.skidim.com is the best place to get mechanical parts, hoses, electrical components for your boat. They should have everything your Conbrio could need in terms of those items. I have never had any problem getting any of those type parts for my Supra's from them.

Feel free to jump in here and do searches for parts, we may have already discussed where to get replacements. If not, just chime in, and we'll help out.

Now if you don't mind, we are going to need pictures of your new Supra addition. Again welcome.

crystal waters
06-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Welcome on board. I have an 89 conbrio as well--love the boat and wouldn't trade it for the newer models as I prefer the "classics"
Haugy is spot on with his advice. For 99 per cent of your needs think of it as a comp TS6M. Other than some hardware issues (ie intake covers for the air going into the blowers , the windshield , the bow rails and a few other things all is same as TS6M.
Get her going and on the water. Enjoy!!

avlrecycling
06-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Hope all is good with my Supra and be boating on Fathers Day.