PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate in the back of supra comp

tbone
09-04-2002, 12:43 PM
I have a 1991 supra comp. I am trying to adjust the wakeplate in the back. I want to achieve the tallest wake possible. Should I adjust the plate down or up? Can anyone offer any advice?

SupraNut
09-05-2002, 06:19 AM
tbone - I am guessing here but I would say if you want to increase the size of your wake, you would adjust the wakeplate so that the tip comes up.

keithf
09-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Pu it all the way up to create a bigger and steeper wake. This makes the boat's effective length shorter, which will make the hull and transom sink deeper under power.

Now put some ballast back there and upfront, to really sink the hull.....

hope this helps! Keith.

09-09-2002, 02:51 PM
tbone
There are a few varibles when adjusting the wakeplate. The speed you ride, the amount of weight, and the shape of wake that you prefer. In the Comp, you probably won't get enough weight that requires bringing the plate down, but sometimes the shape is with the plate level. When you bring the plate up, just bring above level. Anymore than that just bends the plate and won't effect performance.

09-27-2002, 02:21 PM
Mine was setup for wakeboarding by the previous owner. The plate (I call it a cavitation plate - not sure if that is correct) is all the way up.

09-27-2002, 02:23 PM
The previous owner of my 90 Supra Comp TS6M set it up for wakeboarding. The plate is all the way up. I personally have not changed it.

dmgx
10-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Keith is absolutley correct!!!

Jay Warren
Marketing Manager

gm
03-08-2003, 10:07 PM
they make a direct replacement hydraulic wake plate for the supra. i have an 89 comp and just ordered a used one. used ones are hard to find. just priced a new one before used one came along. new ones go for around 780.00

87 Sunsport
03-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I understand that adjusting the wake plate upwards should increase the wake size, but I'd like some reassurance from Supra that this is safe to do. My owners manual says not to adjust it more than a quarter inch off the plane. The adjustment allows for much more than a quarter inch, if I exceed that could I conceivably pull the plate from it's mount?

Brian Raymond
03-09-2003, 11:09 PM
This is a safe procedure to do, at boardin' speeds (18-24mph.). after these speeds, the hull begins to get on plane. You will experience more bow rise and longer plane time over board speeds. Porpoising is a common issue at faster speeds with very little driver control (hold on to the young 'uns). Brian Raymond