PDA

View Full Version : Weather Stripping

wakeboardlife
08-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Well i know you people are probably getting tired of my dumb questions but i have just one more...

The plastic Weather stripping cracked when i put the deck back onto the boat after a complete floor replacement...Now the rubber siding that slides into it falls out after a couple of little jolts of waves.

I was wondering where i could pick some of this stuff up or if anyone has an idea for something that would work just as well???

Thanks,

Wakeboardlife

wakeboardlife
08-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Whoops, after a little bit of research i guess the technical term for what i'm looking for is "rub rail" just so you all know what i'm talking about...

Salty87
08-17-2005, 10:50 AM
when in doubt... www.skidim.com

you replaced your flooring? that's no small job, i need to do mine. how'd it go?

wakeboardlife
08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
salty,

if you can afford it...get it done profesionally...it took me and a friend 25+ hours to do it. We had to separate completely the top of the boat from teh bottom (deck from bottom) If you do that (which i'm sure you will to pull the fiberglass away from the wall) make sure you have a good way to support the the top as we made the mistake of supporting it from the two back corners and the front. By the time it was all said and done we had the bottom of the boat nice and warped and it was a #)*&#* to get back on.

Not to get down on the job or anything but however much work you can imagine it being, its more. However, there was much i figured out as i went along and that took some extra work so if you know what you're doing, maybe it wont be quite as bad.

If you need any more info on it let me know

Paul