PDA

View Full Version : 89 Supra

pfaudi_a4
08-16-2005, 02:59 PM
On ebay there's a supra conbrio for sale (Item # 4568659983). However, it says it's an '89, 23' conbrio. I've done some research and if my sources are correct only a 20' conbrio was offered in 89. Only the Saltare and Pirata were available in 23'. It has a single axle trailer and a small block V8 (with a claimed top speed of 43). Was this just a typo and it's a 20' or not a conbrio? Anybody have any info regarding this. I really like the boat, but would want to clear this up first. Any input on their performacne as well would be appreciated. Thanks.
________
MFLB VAPORIZER (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

Juice75
08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I think that is definitely a Conbrio, and the '23ft' is a typo. Or maybe the person measured the swim platform, too. It says the beam is 7'....the same as a Conbrio (7'1" actually). The Saltare and Mariah are much wider.

As for performance, I have an '89 Comp, which is the same boat, just closed bow. It's one of the best ski boats you can get, and a decent wakeboard boat. Because of the low freeboard, you are limited on the amount of weight you can safely put into it. I run 400 lbs on each side of the motor, and it puts out a pretty good wake. It's not pro level, but good enough to pull basic inverts on.