PDA

View Full Version : July Supra Forum Raft-up suggestions

TitanTn
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Well, we're getting close to our July 7-8 date for the Supra Forum Raft-up (haven't had time to think of any clever names). We're meeting in Chattanooga, TN at the Harrison Bay State park. Here is the original thread which has maps and other details:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?10473-Supra-Boat-Owner-Meet/page4

Eventually I want to get an official sign-up posted here, but for now I'm looking for suggestions on what type of activities everyone is going to want to do. I haven't been to an official event like this before on the water. So what does everyone want to do? Raft up. Cook out. Ski/board, whatever. Drive up the river/tour. Lock through the dam to downtown.

Let me know your thoughts. Even if you're not coming, suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Jetlink
06-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Here's a question for those who are attending, our schedule probably will not allow us to attend if we drag the boat along...however, if we leave the boat at home, one or both of us might be able to attend... Any thoughts or issues you guys have with that besides the fact that I hate bumming rides off of people?

TitanTn
06-15-2012, 08:19 AM
I don't think there'll be any issues with bumming rides. The more, the merrier.

Loadup
06-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Hey Rob,
I just noticed the PM sent, I will be out this weekend looking around.

TitanTn
06-21-2012, 04:42 PM
No suggestions? You guys usually are full of opinions...

;)

cadunkle
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Have the next one somewhere farther North or East? :p

cigars n scotch
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM

Agreed. I'll go down as far as Charlotte (lake Wylie) otherwise its too expensive of a trip with towing.

TitanTn
06-22-2012, 01:49 PM

Hey, you've got that new truck engine... you're ready to tow! With only needing $600 for fuel, it should be an easy trip.

All kidding aside, I understand completely. Why don't you start one up that direction?

cadunkle
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Haha true enough. I was actually considering this meetup as I'd love to get down to the SC/GA/TN area but unfortunately (fortunately?) I'll be up at the lake house for the next few weeks, leaving Tues and towing about 1000 miles round trip.

For a meetup around here I guess we'd have two. lol Not sure there are many Supras in the area though, I very rarely see them, mostly MC and I've never seen another classic Supra. Would be fun to get something together though!

cigars n scotch
06-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I've never seen another classic Supra. Would be fun to get something together though!

There was a Supra Mariah pulling into the sandbar at bordentown last weekend. Other than that I've never seen another classic supra . One other 21V like mine but that's it.