PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here like their supra boat

supraboatfan2005
09-08-2002, 04:19 PM
Does anyone here like their supra boat? I just wanted to know.

supraboatfan2005

Jim Jackson
09-09-2002, 02:30 PM
I love mine. Is there a question?

tgh08
09-09-2002, 05:37 PM
Great boat with very little complaints...Love to meet up with the guys in the Mastercrafts, etc. and watch the expression when the realize how much "quality" boat you get with Supra vs. their inflated BS prices they pay for the name. Supra keep up the good work.

SupraNut
09-09-2002, 08:16 PM
I love mine! It doesn't have all the storage or a Rad-a-cage (yet) but it looks like new, runs great and was about a third of the price of a new one!

pimp_daddy_grady
09-14-2002, 03:24 PM
had da boat on the water only twice and needless to say im in luv...my 02 launch sl is great. supras rule

fitz
09-23-2002, 09:50 PM
every time i pull the cover off, i fall in love all over again

chuck bronstrup
02-14-2003, 04:32 PM
supra rules the waters of lake cumberland and dale hollow. i am 44yrs young and a advid wake boarder

chuck bronstrup
02-14-2003, 04:34 PM
supra rules the waters of lake cumberland and dale hollow. i am 44yrs young and a advid wake boarder

Magus
03-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Iam 51 and Love my supra. Had a 89 & 91 tms comp boat for a number of years. Only problem with the old boats they were made out of wood with a fiberglass wrap.

Bought a used 2000 Supra Launch - love my boat first and girl friend second. She learning how to ski so I love them both. This year I tricking my Launch out with lights, power plate, etc. Saw a Master Craft and Malibau Skier, does not hold a candle to Supra.

gm
03-18-2003, 11:40 PM
just bought an 89 comp last june. love the boat. it handles great and still looks good. All my friends at the lake have deck boats and bass boats. I think they thought I was a little crazy. We also scuba dive so i can load the boat up with lots of weight from scuba gear and still do all the skiing without worrying about the boat having enough power unlike trying to get skiers up behind bass boat that is loaded with dive gear. used to have to hammer throttle on bass boat and wait a few minutes for skiers to get up. My only concern was whether to get closed or open bow. Finally ended up getting closed bow. I can stow most of scuba gear under front. Know what you mean about running into mastercrafts at lake. On our end of lake there is one other supra, another 89 comp. His is blue and mine is red so at least we are not bookends.

87sunsport
05-07-2003, 09:54 AM
I love my 87 Sunsport w/ just under 700hrs! Doesn't burn a drop of oil. Looking to upgrade to a Legacy or another Sunsport. Looking for Mid 90's. What is market price for mine? Average condition.......it was in a fight w/ a stump once and has been expertly repaired. First and last time my wife drove it.

Gregmacdog
05-08-2003, 09:26 AM
We have had other boats and LOVE SUPRA and our dealer in Corona,California (Island Marine) for sales and support.
I dont think you can have a better boat than Supra or Moomba. I know you can pay more-and I have been there.

azcummins
06-03-2003, 10:39 AM
I have an 89 Comp that I just pulled out of hybernation (5 years of rotting in the back yard). I sent it back to Supra to have it factory refurbished and now I have a new boat. I put it back on the water and the motor's compression was a little low (it had been sleeping for 5 yrs), but it has woken up fine and runs great. Only 300 hrs on the boat. I went ahead and put new upholstery in it and my Monster Tower will be here on Friday.

The boat was a large part of my childhood (I'm only 24), and I'm pumped to be back on the water. After 14 years, the boat still looks sleek, runs good and produces a great wake for the new popular water sport, (wakeboarding). I'm really proud that my "old" boat still hangs in with the new models.

Don Voigt
07-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Fine boat, rides better than the competition, looks great, I like it a lot.

Launch SL
08-31-2003, 08:22 AM
I have a 01 launch sl it is our second Supra it now has almost 300 hr in two years. I live in michigan we dont ride all year, dam ice love the boat need i say more

Thumper
09-08-2003, 09:05 PM
I have a 2003 Launce SSV. I hear all the hype from the Nautique owners and how their boat is better.

Wake? Yes, it is bigger in the SAN but my Supra is pleanty for my skills. I have had professional riders say it's just fine.

Fit and Finish? No comparison, Supra blows them all away! Especially the Nautique.

I love my boat!!!

cws_kahuna
09-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Though I don't have a Supra, I have really enjoyed my 2001 Moomba Mobius. Skier's Choice has been great. I agree with Gregmacdog that Island Marine is a great dealership. Hopefully I will be stepping up to a Supra within a year or two. Anyone know if there is any plans for a Supra V-drive under 21ft, like the Mobuis LSV for example? If not then it looks like my next boat will be a Launch.

airtime
09-25-2003, 10:07 AM
I just got a 2001 Supra launch and I love it , I got it for my 11 year old son to ride , but i'm digging it tower ,ballast 2000 Black suburban to pullit SWEET ! The baot is Black Looks real cool in or out of the water

tcdailey3
11-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Love my 01 Launch SSV so much it stays covered inside heated storeage
:)

silvtongdvl
11-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Thumper - I have the same boat and couldn't agree with you more. I added ss tanks the rear and our friends with an 03 san say our wake is bigger and wider. Everyone that has ridden behind her is love. Our dealer in Houston is tops !!!!!
~S~

Ed Obermeier
11-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 87sunsport

I love my 87 Sunsport w/ just under 700hrs! Doesn't burn a drop of oil. Looking to upgrade to a Legacy or another Sunsport. Looking for Mid 90's. What is market price for mine? Average condition.......it was in a fight w/ a stump once and has been expertly repaired. First and last time my wife drove it.

I sent you a message stating that I may be selling my 2000 Legacy (want a new LTS Comp!) if you are at all interested, should be in you Inbox (not sure how hat works, hopefully you'll get a notice). If not or if you have questions write me at [email protected].

Thanks, Ed

suckmywake
12-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Sorry Ed.....never saw the post. I purchased a Sport Nautique in the spring...great deal, couldn't pass it up.....but I do miss Supra.

Ed Obermeier
12-30-2004, 08:39 PM
No worries. You bought a great boat, enjoy it. At this point I'm not sure what I'm going to do anyway, keep it or upgrade to a newer boat. I'm completely happy with this one and it's paid for, of course if a serious buyer were to come forward...

Cheers, Ed

gravgames
01-13-2005, 11:52 PM
We bought an 04 Gravity Games boat this past Dec. and CANNOT wait to get out!!! It is a beautiful boat! Can't wait to get our four boys out on the water. My husband and I wakeboard too, so it should be the best investment for our family.

88 Supra Comp
06-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by azcummins

I have an 89 Comp that I just pulled out of hybernation (5 years of rotting in the back yard). I sent it back to Supra to have it factory refurbished and now I have a new boat. I put it back on the water and the motor's compression was a little low (it had been sleeping for 5 yrs), but it has woken up fine and runs great. Only 300 hrs on the boat. I went ahead and put new upholstery in it and my Monster Tower will be here on Friday.

The boat was a large part of my childhood (I'm only 24), and I'm pumped to be back on the water. After 14 years, the boat still looks sleek, runs good and produces a great wake for the new popular water sport, (wakeboarding). I'm really proud that my "old" boat still hangs in with the new models.

Hey Azcummins,

Do you still have your 89 Comp? Also.....what is covered/done in a factory refurbish and if you don't mind.........what does that cost?

1988comp
08-28-2005, 11:35 PM
I can say one bad thing about my boat, it is NOT for rough water. A few times I have been caught in really bad weather, and I was getting a bucket of water in the face, over the windshield, about ever 4 seconds.

If you can get into some smooth water, there no boat more fun than my hot-rod 1988 comp. You would have to out of your mind to buy a new one, or just crazy rich, but these boats last for a long time, have awesome vinyl and other appointments. You can get a "good as new" boat, maybe edelbrock-up the engine, and you have a boat that will last you many years. I am recently handicapped from a sking accident (snow skiing) and need to sell mine for medical bills, you can see pictures at http://www.limsynch.com/supra/

I am asking $12,875. It is a one-owner boat.

mdsmgu
08-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Love my old Supra Comp boat prior to 2000, but HATE my new 06 Supra Gravity Games Launch 24ssv boat. Worst boat I have ever driven, looked at, or owned. This boat is a lemon and Skiers Choice could care less. I have had problems ongoing, but the only thing I am good at is trailering it back and forth to the dealer, (weekly and sometimes three times a week) I would never buy another Skiers Choice product at this point, I want to use my summer time enjoying the water with a nice boat, not having problems and looking at the dealers shop every week. Mr. Rick Tinker should take care of his manufacturing problems and poor quality, before the company goes under.

msutoad
08-19-2006, 07:17 PM
mdsmgu-

Sounds like you need to get a new dealer, or a better dealer. Rick Tinker does not have MFG problems, or everyone would be selling their boats and going elsewhere. Sometimes things happen, and boats have problems. But if you truely have major problems, then your dealer should be fighting the fight for you to the MFG, not you trying to bash SC in every location of this message board. I have had some problems with my 04 Launch SSV, and SC not only fixed the problems, they went over the top, and it was all done through my dealer which is top notch.

I know plenty of MasterCrafts that have problems.

I know you are frustrated/angry and I don't blame you, but pointing that energy to the right people should be your focus. A new dealer might a first start, or calling Skiers Choice and asking them if they have even been a part of the problems from your dealer. That might tell you alot about your dealer and how hard they are fighting to get your boat fixed up.

Good luck with your boat problems.

mdsmgu
08-20-2006, 01:40 AM
I agree with you 100%, but Skiers Choice has been involved from the frist day, I had several problems the first day, and actually talked with Mr. Tinker directly, he personally guaranteed that I would have no ongoing problems and I should go ahead and take possession of the boat and it would be just fine. (FIRST MISTAKE on my part) I had to fix the wiring myself. On the twenty hour check up, I had a large list, and then several of the items on the list had to go back and forth several times to fix, several recalls were created from Skiers Choice based on my boat, and yes I spoke with Skiers Choice on several occassions regarding the issues to get parts etc, because I was out of state with the boat twice and problems occured. I also had the factory (Skiers Choice) take the boat back for a week and go through the boat bow to stearn, they were going to make sure everything was correct and they had to rip out the entire interior of the boat and take the tower off and rebolt it, because of a manufacturing defect. The factory has been very involved, but I still have a boat that is sitting on a trailer and won't run, Skiers Choice's answer is wait until next year and maybe we will trade you out of it for over $25K. The answer is that if Skiers Choice wants to keep me as a customer they would stand up and take care of their problem, The dealer did not manufacturer this boat Skiers Choice did, they can not fix something that is defective as an entire product. My dealer has tried to fix the problems and stand up for my rights, but again they are only the middleman, not the originator of the problem.

I also agree with you that problems do happen with all items manufactured and boats are no exception, but I have owned numerous boats in my lifetime, and yes I currently have another Supra, and that Supra and my other MasterCrafts have never had these kind of ongoing problems and if you add up every service call, repair item, all together for all of my boats and all of my cars, they do not equal the amount of problems I have had in less than four months with my 2006 Supra Gravity Games 24SSV.

I have left numerous messages with all levels at the factory, and have not recieved a call back on my last set of problems, which left my Gravity Games boat not operating and a boat load of guests coming this weekend to enjoy a day of wakeboarding, sky sking, wake surfing, etc., My Supra Gravity Games boat is sitting on the trailer in the back yard, and a MasterCraft dealer delivered a brand new boat, with no strings attached to just take care of my problem so that my guests could enjoy their day. Very smart on MasterCraft side, I was able to try their boat out and see the differences between the boats and my Supra, both pro and con, but the major difference I saw was a VERY HIGH QUALITY built boat by MasterCraft, you could just see the difference.

The problem is that I really like the design and how the Supra Gravity Games 24SSV is set up with seating capacity of 16, this is the type of boat I want, and would love to have a Supra that worked correctly. The problem is that it is no good, if it will not be dependable to work when I need it to work. I had the perfect solution for Skiers Choice to trade me out of this lemon and prove to me a new Gravity Games boat does not have the same problems. Then I would continue to be a long time Supra owner. But now I have no choice, but to get a refund from the Factory and buy a different boat.

I have so many situations that have happened, I am very frustrated, I just hope no one else has to go through the same problems, I have, but I have spoken with three other owners of the Supra Gravity Games 24 SSV 2006 model, and they have also had ongoing major issues. That concerns me even more, but I still left it up to Skiers Choice to try to keep me as a customer, that buys a new boat every other year.

Thanks for listening.

mdsmgu
08-20-2006, 01:46 AM
I agree with you 100%, but Skiers Choice has been involved from the frist day, I had several problems the first day, and actually talked with Mr. Tinker directly, he personally guaranteed that I would have no ongoing problems and I should go ahead and take possession of the boat and it would be just fine. (FIRST MISTAKE on my part) I had to fix the wiring myself. On the twenty hour check up, I had a large list, and then several of the items on the list had to go back and forth several times to fix, several recalls were created from Skiers Choice based on my boat, and yes I spoke with Skiers Choice on several occassions regarding the issues to get parts etc, because I was out of state with the boat twice and problems occured. I also had the factory (Skiers Choice) take the boat back for a week and go through the boat bow to stearn, they were going to make sure everything was correct and they had to rip out the entire interior of the boat and take the tower off and rebolt it, because of a manufacturing defect. The factory has been very involved, but I still have a boat that is sitting on a trailer and won't run, Skiers Choice's answer is wait until next year and maybe we will trade you out of it for over $25K. The answer is that if Skiers Choice wants to keep me as a customer they would stand up and take care of their problem, The dealer did not manufacturer this boat Skiers Choice did, they can not fix something that is defective as an entire product. My dealer has tried to fix the problems and stand up for my rights, but again they are only the middleman, not the originator of the problem.

I also agree with you that problems do happen with all items manufactured and boats are no exception, but I have owned numerous boats in my lifetime, and yes I currently have another Supra, and that Supra and my other MasterCrafts have never had these kind of ongoing problems and if you add up every service call, repair item, all together for all of my boats and all of my cars, they do not equal the amount of problems I have had in less than four months with my 2006 Supra Gravity Games 24SSV.

I have left numerous messages with all levels at the factory, and have not recieved a call back on my last set of problems, which left my Gravity Games boat not operating and a boat load of guests coming this weekend to enjoy a day of wakeboarding, sky sking, wake surfing, etc., My Supra Gravity Games boat is sitting on the trailer in the back yard, and a MasterCraft dealer delivered a brand new boat, with no strings attached to just take care of my problem so that my guests could enjoy their day. Very smart on MasterCraft side, I was able to try their boat out and see the differences between the boats and my Supra, both pro and con, but the major difference I saw was a VERY HIGH QUALITY built boat by MasterCraft, you could just see the difference.

The problem is that I really like the design and how the Supra Gravity Games 24SSV is set up with seating capacity of 16, this is the type of boat I want, and would love to have a Supra that worked correctly. The problem is that it is no good, if it will not be dependable to work when I need it to work. I had the perfect solution for Skiers Choice to trade me out of this lemon and prove to me a new Gravity Games boat does not have the same problems. Then I would continue to be a long time Supra owner. But now I have no choice, but to get a refund from the Factory and buy a different boat.

I have so many situations that have happened, I am very frustrated, I just hope no one else has to go through the same problems, I have, but I have spoken with three other owners of the Supra Gravity Games 24 SSV 2006 model, and they have also had ongoing major issues. That concerns me even more, but I still left it up to Skiers Choice to try to keep me as a customer, that buys a new boat every other year.

Thanks for listening.

msutoad
08-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Very sorry to hear about your frustrating/angering situations. It is always painful to spend 60K+ and have problems. We would never allow the car mfg's to get away with it, and infact, most would leave not only the dealer, but would go to another mfg the next time they bought a car.

I certainly could not blame you for wanting to do that, and infact, I would probably feel the same way. Please let us/me know how the situation unfolds going forward, as I am interested in know what goes on.

Good Luck

08-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by mdsmgu

Thanks for listening.

Wow this sounds like a dealer issue reason being we bought are boatfrom Nisswa marine in Late april early may
The first problem is that the enginge would rev from 1000 the 1600 rpms from any speed back into nuetral.
The second problem that aroused on the Test drive is the PP didnt work the dealer ordered another one and put on when we brought the boat back in a week after are "demo period"
So after theat dealer visit the only problem we had was the engine racing thats was a annoying problem but not a large problem then the week after fthe fourth of july we had are boat with us while on vacation. The ballast fitting popped off while the ballast was fill ing and basically flooded the back half of the boat. The reason it did this is that the auto bilge didnt work. After an hour of emtying water with ballast empty hose and the bilge we tried to start the boat up and it would not rev over 1500 rpm's so we called the dealer they said to sit for about 20 minutes and see if it still did it and if it did to get the boat on the trailer and they would come pick it up that night and supply us with a boat to use till outrs was fixxed. Then the boat functionded properly till the next sunday until the boat acted up again. This time when you tuned the key on the motor would go from 1500 to 1000 all the way up to 2000 RPM's and stay thereso we talked to the dealer they said drop it off on your way home will take care of it and you can pick up the 21V 4 days later the boat was fixxed and they delivered it 45 minutes from our house. They reprogrammed the computer and when they did that they actually fixed the engine racing also so now we have a perfect boat that has not acted up since. Also the boat has some thermal cracking in the deck and it looks like it is going down to thehull of the boat know so the dealer ship is sending it back to the factory when we are done with it in the fall. Know the desision is do we take the risk and let the boat go to the factory and maybe it will come back in worse shape or better shape but do you take the risk when you could trade up for an 07

So I know how you are feeling about SC and we have a MC dealer less then 20 minutes from our house and we were tempted after the first set of problems but the dealer came through big time there is a story this long about the gel coat problems though that I didnt even want to get into. So I think you either need to get your dealer to start kicking some ass or you have to

mdsmgu
09-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Still no solution, I have been waiting for another two weeks, boat has been in for repair the whole time. Everyone keeps saying I will have an answer on a solution to this problem, but all I hear so far are why no one can respond to me. I am waiting patiently, but my patience is deminishing as the summer slips away and I can not use the boat each time I would like to and look at that big fat cashed check, that does nothing from Skiers Choice, I can't ski behind a title or a piece of paper.

Buyer Beware!

P.S. Read about all of the other Supra Owners that are having problems also. It is really concerning!

AusBill32
09-05-2006, 12:11 AM
I have a 2006 Supra 21v and I haven't had any problems with my mine at all other than the Roswell Racks but that's all squared away now.

Sorry you are having such problems man. I love my friggen boat though. I put 90 hrs on it the first two months I had it... lol.

There's always going to be a lemon in everything that's produced cars, boats, trucks, because nothing in life is perfect.

-B-

lowdrag
10-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I love my '06 21V, but unfortunately the first season with it was a little difficult to deal with.

On the other hand, once I got in touch with the guys from Skiers Choice they have been doing everything they can to get things taken care of. I'm completely confident after talking with them that when everything is said and done all problems will be resolved.

As much fun as I've had with this boat even when there were problems says a lot for the design and thought put into it.

Supra_Launch21V
10-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Love the boat. Everything minus two things:

Gelcoat cracks
Dang thing won't drain water out of the bildge

I dream at night about the boat. Can't wait for Spring/Summer 2008.

I am not ready to put her to bed for the winter yet.

Wayne