PDA

View Full Version : SIGN UP NOW!!! Supra Boat Meet-up

TitanTn
06-21-2012, 04:44 PM
We'd had a good group of people commit to coming to the Supra Boat Owner weekend in Chattanooga, TN. Please complete the form linked below so we'll know who's coming and be able to plan accordingly. Thanks!

http://www.pages01.net/unum/supra_meet

Jetlink
06-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Is there a deadline on this form being completed? My training schedule for July isn't complete and set in stone yet.

TitanTn
06-21-2012, 09:49 PM
No, no real deadline. I'm just wanting to plan everything out, and want to know who's coming. I really hope you can come, but just fill out the form when you get things nailed down. After submitting the form you'll get links for directions and places to stay.

haugy
06-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Might want to restate the dates.

TitanTn
06-21-2012, 09:57 PM
I'll do one better. Here is the original discussion link:
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?10473-Supra-Boat-Owner-Meet/

And here is the list of people who originally indicated they'd be coming:

1-Mike & Gail Hunter + dog 89 Sunsport July 6 -10
2-Scott and Janet Woodland and at least the Chihuahua
3-Haugy & Wife or just Wife
4-Rob & Angi Howell + 2 kids
5-Ngavdba (not letting you chicken out)
6-Suprasam
7-Gogger
8-Loadup
9-Ridein04 - Troy, Angela, two kids

And for those who don't want to read anything else: It's July 7-8.

haugy
06-22-2012, 09:15 AM
I may be out. Work may have me traveling.

TitanTn
06-22-2012, 09:22 AM
I may be out. Work may have me traveling.

Tell work that you have a prior engagement. And that you WILL be traveling. To Chattanooga. :cool:

Jetlink
06-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Better yet, tell work you will not be showing up due to a lack of interest. Or another one, call in sick and say you woke up with eye issues, you had a hard time seeing your ass going to work.

suprasam
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm still in for the trip, but since I am traveling from GA and its a Holiday weekend won't this campsite sell out quick? Do you know if you can call and reserve?

TitanTn
06-22-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm still in for the trip, but since I am traveling from GA and its a Holiday weekend won't this campsite sell out quick? Do you know if you can call and reserve?

You can't reserve. First come, first served. Are you bringing a camper or a tent? It probably will be hard to find a spot on Friday afternoon or Saturday. But I think the tent spots don't fill up as quickly. There's another spot just up the road called Skull Island that might also have availability.

suprasam
06-22-2012, 08:53 PM
We will be sporting the 8 man/woman tent.... And an Supra couch if the ground is hard. This no reservation might pose a bit of a problem

Jetlink
06-23-2012, 12:18 AM
I am hoping that I wasn't a little too trigger happy, I submitted the form in the hopes that I will have the scheduling gods cooperate and give me that weekend off.

TitanTn
06-23-2012, 09:43 AM
That's the attitude Ben.

One thing I forgot to add on the form was a place for your forum name. Please add that in the "other" box. Bill and Ben, I've got yours, no need to do anything. Thanks.

suprasam
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Sorry Guys I think I am out. Titan, thanks for putting all this on! I'm sure you guys will be putting on a great time!

suprasam
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
ngavdba, yes those are my intentions to head over to the yacht club. Fingers crossed I can get all the god forsakin work off my desk! I guess I better not complain to much, I would rather it be on my desk than have an empty desk!

I would love to go up to the meet, but I won't be able to reserve a spot so my wife didn't want to take the chance of not having something definite. So she booked us a cabin on Carters Lake instead.

Loadup
06-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Sam,
hate to here this but understand, I am checking on an option in case campground gets full. I should know something tonight.

Loadup
06-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Okay just as an option if camp ground gets full. There are hotels like Titan said at Ooltewah exit 11, Hampton inn and Holiday inn exp. and I checked with Island Cove Marina about availability of rooms. They have 9 rooms available at marina and they should let you launch your boat there, there is an Amigos resturant and dock as well. The rooms are 101.00 a night.

haugy
06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Guys, I'm sorry but I am out. I've got some big projects coming to fruition at work right now, and if I want to take off for WakeFest up here which I already booked a cabin for, I need to stay in town.

I hate to miss it as I was looking forward to meeting you guys, and seeing the boats. And to show you I'm not the jerk I look like in here. :D :D

I may still try and run down Saturday solo sans boat just to meet up, since I'm so close, and then jam back that evening.

Jetlink
06-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Well, if Haugy isn't coming, maybe I'll try and drag the boat down now that it can't be judged. I kid I kid, I'm going to lucky to make it and only if I fly down for it.

TitanTn
06-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks Bill. That should help. We also have Skull Island campground very close. But since we have guys dropping out, it doesn't look like we'll need many spots.

Haugy - you still need to come down for the day to show us you're really a decent guy :grin:

Even if you're just coming for the day, please fill out the form somill have everyone's contact number.

haugy
06-27-2012, 02:55 PM
No don't work Sat/Sun, but with other things going on, it just doesn't jive well to try to tow the boat down in a hurry.

TitanTn
06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Haugy, you work on Saturdays and Sundays? That's more of a bummer than missing the Supra reunion.

Heck if it's just me, Titan, and Loadup, we'll still have fun.

I think Michael Hunter is confirmed too. You're right. We'll still have fun!

Loadup
06-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I am going to take off Thursday and Friday after the 4th if anybody is coming up early. Should be a little smoother then but geeez the temp is going to be 105. Wish I had some shade.

Jetlink
06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Just spend more time in the water, it will most likely feel like bath water I bet.

Loadup
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
For sure and plenty of hydration. So what time you flying in

Jetlink
06-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Still waiting on that to all pan out. Scheduling might throw a training trip on my schedule that weekend, I am hoping they don't, that way I can either fly in Friday night or Saturday morning and then leave Sunday evening.

michael hunter
07-01-2012, 09:06 PM
We are making final plans .I'm thinking Thurs before dark . Do you think there will be any problem getting a campsite? If someone is going early can you get a spot near the gathering and I will pay you when I get there. Is there electric at the sights? How many are still coming?

TitanTn
07-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I really don't know Michael. It's hard to predict with the 4th being in the middle of the week. I know a lot of people in my office are taking off the first part of the week.

I'm also going to be trying to get in on Thursday evening. Technically you're not allowed to save spots, but I'll try to get one for you if I can. There is electric and water at the sites. We currently have 5 families confirmed.

Jetlink
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Laura and I are going to blast out of Chicago Friday after she gets out of work. We are planning on spending the night in Knoxville, renting a car Saturday morning and driving down for the day, then headed back up to Knoxville for Saturday night and flying home Sunday morning. So, that means for sure our boat will not be attending but at least we will be able to attend. Is there a general plan to base out of the camp/park there or can someone take down my number and give me a call Saturday? Looks like we will arrive in the area around 11-11:30 just in time for lunch.

TitanTn
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Ben - Glad to have you coming down. I have your number, and I'll send you mine as well. Not knowing exactly who will be there when, we'll just play it by ear. But I'll be looking for you just before lunch and we'll make sure we find you. Not exactly sure where base camp will be yet, but your safe to go straight to the marina where the ramp is.

michael hunter
07-04-2012, 11:00 PM
We are planning on leaving Thurs around 2-3pm should put us there around 4-5 Tenn time . My cell # is 219-712-5060 . Can somebody that will be there earlier call me with their number to confirm exact location?

TitanTn
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Michael - I'm at work today, but planning to leave early, go by the campground and scope things out. I'll call you then. I'll then be going home to get my camper and head back.

Dan - I'll probably call you on Friday and let you know how things are looking. There is no problem with launching. The ramp is open to the public; just get in line and drop her in. I'm sure exactly where you are coming from, but we're about 1.5 hrs from Lake Allatoona. Well, maybe 1.45 by the time you get to the lake.

TitanTn
07-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Well, today was a great day on the lake. Expecting ngavdba, jetlink, loadup, and karolinakid tomorrow. Michael Hunter is already here. More details and pics to follow.

Jetlink
07-08-2012, 12:15 AM
For those that backed out, we had a few seminars on the water today, one covering how to reset a prop shaft and coupler...good times and I can't speak for the others in attendance but I know I learned something today.

KarolinaKid
07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Good meeting you folks yesterday at the lake! Good looking boats everyone.

TitanTn
07-08-2012, 04:01 PM
For those that backed out, we had a few seminars on the water today, one covering how to reset a prop shaft and coupler...good times and I can't speak for the others in attendance but I know I learned something today.

Yeah, like you should check your set screws on the prop shaft coupler? Thanks for your help Ben. It's nice to have things back together, even if I still need a new prop.

Jetlink
07-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Not to mention Ben is a good jumper. If you can jump over the bow of a Rider from a Saltare at 12 mph nose to tail, you've got my vote for sure. Laura...Ben is a keeper!

I'm just very coordinated and usually good on my feet. That doesn't mean I don't have my clumsy moments though, just glad I didn't have one yesterday.

Loadup
07-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Dang what a show. Alright we had skiing, wake boarding, knee boarding, tubing, jumping from one boat to another on the go, on the fly mechanics. All we need now is pyramids and Cypress Gardens watch out. Whoever it was that didn't come (haugy) sure missed a good time.

p.s. haugy, explaination accepted.