PDA

View Full Version : Pricing advice 1986 SunSport Skier

ZeroDiscipline
06-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi Guys My son and I purchased a 1986 SunSport Skier 3 years ago. We popped the cap and did a full stringer replacement. The seat boxes were rebuilt and a new interior was put in. We had a full $900 Sunbrella cover made for it (it even covers the teak swim platform).

A couple of things still need to be done, rebuild and recover bow side sections (have the vinyl), needs new steering cable, new gauges and some scratches in the gel need to be fixed. The trailer has good tires and pulls fine, but needs some help with the bunks and rusted areas.

Prices for these things are all over the place. but NADA states a low of 4190 and a high of 4780...

What would you think a fair price for this setup be ?

Salty87
06-23-2012, 11:33 AM
are you getting out of boating?...why sell? unless you buy newer without wood you're gonna be rolling the dice on needing another stringer job.

you'll probably get some varying answers. i'll toss a number out but it's just a guess...$8k maybe $10k if you're lucky. where are you located? that makes a big difference. patience helps, too. take a look around, there are always a few buyers on these boards looking for something that won't need a rebuild. someone from cali might be looking for something like yours right now- https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?11104-Looking-for-a-saltare-in-Decent-condition

i could easily be wrong...nada can't price in the rebuild but at the same time it's unlikely you'll get back what you've put into it.

show us some pics!!

CornRickey
06-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Without being complete mid 4's. Complete with pic's and documentation of the resto and finding someone who knows what there looking at (the work you put into it) mid 5's, low 6's. Having someone else do a stringers job just doesn't pull the same weight as a shop doing it (but I'm sure it was done a lot better). This is were the pictures and receipts come in.

DAFF
06-25-2012, 05:06 AM
$5900. If you were to complete it all then near the 9000 mark.

ChipR
07-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Where are you located? I am looking for a sunsport you can contact me at [email protected]