PDA

View Full Version : rwm 1969 - summerizing?

rwm1969
06-24-2012, 12:25 PM
i have a question (please forgive my rookie status) ? If I had my boat winterized what steps do I need to undo this procedure? So far I installed all the block & manifold plugs, re-connected all the hoses and can't really see what welse to do? Any hints ?

Salty87
06-24-2012, 07:21 PM
rwm- no worries on the newb status but i started a thread for you since your boat hasn't been sunk.

here's a link i found searching for summerizing: https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?452-Summerizing.......&highlight=summerizing

did you bring yours to a shop for winterizing? what did they do? where are you located?...how far north?

last one, it helps if you specify what engine/yr. how old is your impeller?

if all the plugs & hoses are back together, oil checks out, battery is connected/charged, and you're hooked to the hose...turn the key.

rwm1969
07-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks Salty ! yes I did bring it to a shop for winterizing but they were not alot of help to undo!!! Sit's a 90 ts6m 351 pcm and it purred last year before storage, I unfortunately bought it late in the year so was only able to get out 3-4 times, So far i've changed the coil and battery and it turns over fine (seems like no spark?) so my next step is cap and rotor and keep my fingers crossed!!!!! Oh yeah im located in Vancouver B.C. Canada !

rwm1969
07-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Rotor, cap, battery, and coil ! Now were cooking ! Thanks Salty for your help will post some pics of her soon!