PDA

View Full Version : New to me 1989 supra comp ts6m

ricg84
06-26-2012, 01:12 PM
ok guys so here is the short story. I had a guy just GIVE me a 1989 supra comp ts6m boat, the guy bought it brand new and is the only owner 6 years back he had gotten sick and was not able to take it out anymore so he let it sit covered. Well with the weather off and on for 6 years the cover has since blown off and interior is a little dry and cracked. I looked over the hull and you can tell the guy took care of it. He told me me that they drove it almost every weekend bare foot sking. My question since it hasent been started in about 6 years what is the best way to go about seeing if it will still run. I was going to put mystery oil in it and let it sit for a few days and try to turn it by hand. What do yall guys think??

Thanks,
Rick

86 century
06-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Might change the oil and filter prime the eng so you don't spin it up dry and trash the bearings.

bluebrapper14
06-26-2012, 10:47 PM
sounds like a sweet deal! im sure it will run. Just take time to clean things up before attempting to fire her off. clean fuel system, oil ect. probably should change the raw water impeller which is no big deal. a little marvel mystery, or even a little oil in each cylinder to loosen up things just to be safe would be a good idea. just doing a few small things before throwing a battery in and trying to start it will save some future work

ricg84
06-27-2012, 02:42 PM
alright guys thinks for the advise. i pulled the plugs yesterday and will fill the cylinders with oil. and of course will changed all the fluids and hopefully we will fire it this weekend..