PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Supra Launch gauges don`t work

roc111672
06-27-2012, 10:17 AM
I have a 2001 Supra Launch and the Oil pressure , Temp and Fuel gauge`s will not work after sitting over the winter . Anyone have any ideas why they don`t work . The voltage gauge works . The gauges have power and the lights in them work .

Thanks for any help , Rusty

docdrs
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
If you have pitot pickup for your speedos, they have to be removed from the mdc under the dash or if water has entered it can freeze then enter your mdc and fry it.

roc111672
06-27-2012, 11:10 AM
My speedo`s dont appear to operate off of water . They have little wheels that rotate as i go . I don`t see anywhere they can pick up water .

docdrs
06-27-2012, 12:34 PM
My speedo`s dont appear to operate off of water . They have little wheels that rotate as i go . I don`t see anywhere they can pick up water .

Ok ( was not sure if they had changed by 2001) then it may just be a bad ground , loose connection or breaker

DAFF
06-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Crawl under the dash and look upwards. There is a small inline fuse there that might of gone south. Also there is a small cluster of fuses there too. Give all the wires a wiggle too. There can be a build up of corrosion on the wire ends during the off season.

roc111672
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I found 1 really small fuse . It looks ok . I will replace it anyway . I dont see any other fuses just a panel of something that looks like breakers . I pushed evey one of them to make sure one didnt need to be reset . They all were good .

CornRickey
06-28-2012, 12:00 PM
my guages feed left to right (looking at the dash) the power and ground daisy chain all of the gauges together. Go to the last gauge (left to right) that is working and check the connections on the posts. The black wires are ground, purple is positive. Or better yet take a alligator clip lead and connect the posts together (ground to ground, positive to positive) between a working gauge to a non working gauge and see it that fixes it. Then you know were the problem is.