PDA

View Full Version : HU Lost Power

Sluggo
06-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Install and EQ and RPM sensor last year and they worked great. Both have AUX inputs but I rarely used them last year. This year, I connected one to my phone to play Pandora. The phones volume was way to high and seemed to be distorted. I quickly unplugged and adjusted and all was well for about two songs. Then the head unit went dark and I am not sure why. The acc switch has a light on and there is plenty of charge in both batteries. Nothing was overly hot, so I have been trying to track down the power and can't seem to find an inline fuse or breaker after the acc switch that could have blown. Any ideas on what to check next? Any yes, I too am a candidate for Jony B make over.

Sluggo
06-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Ok, got some more time to look at it tonight and it turned out to be the connection between the removable faceplate and the head unit. As soon as I removed the face plate you could tell water or condensation got down in there and there was a white coating on both sides. Cleaned it up a little and presto. Now to start saving for the trip to Paducah.