PDA

View Full Version : 89 Supra Sunsport For Sale

lookin4agoodsupra
07-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I have a 1989 Sunsport for sale located in Southwest Ohio. The boat has just over 900 hrs on it and the PCM 351 is in excellent condition as it was kept within one family and cared for with all the routine maintenance. Reason I am selling is that it is just too big for my current setup. The trailer is customized to fit this boat. New bunks, carpet, wires, brakes, and paint. Tires on tandem axle trailer are in average condition with good tread but do show some cracking from sun. There is currently not a spare tire with the trailer, nor does it come with transom straps. I did just purchase a new Fulton jack for it and it has a mooring cover.

Floor in this boat is solid, no issues at all there. From carpet wear, there are some rugs snapped in to cover high traffic areas and looks fine though someday may want to put new carpet in it. The wood trim in the bow below the seats is rotted and needs replaced and the two strips of padding just above the cooler that leads to the bow have rotted wood behind them. Could be a winter project to replace with better composite board which the senior guys on this forum have written about extensively and I was already researching. There is a dime sized nick in the gel coat at the front of the bow with a couple of scrapes by it, likely from putting on the trailer.

I am asking $8950. Email [email protected] for more pictures and questions.

foxriverat
07-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Just wondering why the boats registered in Illinois

haugy
07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
What happened with the rear bench? I see two different colors of carpet (I see the snapped in carpet), the bench frame looks remade and sunk deep behind the seats. Is it now open under the rear seats?

How long have you had this boat?

wotan2525
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
From the photos, it looks like this boat is in above-average condition. Good luck with the sale!

lookin4agoodsupra
07-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys...it was your posts that I read going into deciding on a Sunsport and I love the boat. I have only had it since May but the writing is on the wall in terms of my tow ability and storage situation. Would like to pull up to 4 hours away to larger lakes but my vehicle trans can't take it.

Boat performs really well...just came to the conclusion that it is not a good long-term option for me unless I upgrade in a few ways that are out of reach right now (truck and bigger garage). The back carpet is just a loose piece that can be pulled out. No carpet wear there, but previous owner made people stay on the swim deck to dry off and then this was another form of preventing water on the floor. I thought about just taking that out since it is not the same color. Floor is solid all around, and only issues with wood are in the playpen area for seat frames.

Rear bench I thought was original but could have been rebuilt previously. Will post a pic so you can see that. It does have 3 different places for storage under the seats...is that not standard?

foxriverat
07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
The boat seems to fit your needs. I would keep it. A smaller boat isnt going to give you much more room in the garage. If you have room outside and a decent cover you will be fine. A smaller boat isnt going to get you off a busy street and in your driveway any quicker. So the only problem I see is a tow vehicle. Put the for sale sign on the jeep.