PDA

View Full Version : Gelcoat blisters

02LaunchSSV
08-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Anybody having problems with the gelcoat blistering at the exact location where the boats sits on the runners? This s*cks and what do I do now? You can feel the blisters once boat is in the water due to their location and it only seems to be occurring on the mid-aft section of the boat on each side. I would love to lift the boat and post pics but haven't found a local dealer willing to lift it off the trailer for me.

02LaunchSSV
08-31-2005, 09:08 PM
Anybody at SC wanna step up to the plate?

02LaunchSSV
10-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Well I've been waiting over 2 months for an answer about this problem. I've learned this problem is fairly uncommon but it has happened in the past. It begins and ends in the curing process. Evidently the boat was not cured properly before being placed on the trailer, thus the blisters being located only on the bunkers. The only person to acknowledge this is LES and he tells me it is up to ROB to decide whether or not it should be covered undr warranty. THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT? After pictures and many phone calls from myself and the dealer and I'm still waiting for a reply? Can this really be happening? I am baffled by this considering SC prides itself on building LUXURY SKI BOATS. I've had the boat repaired at my cost and inconvienence and I HAVE TO TELL YA, I AM TRULY DISAPPOINTED IN THE RESPONSE FROM SKIER'S CHOICE AND IT HAS LEFT A BITTER TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND WALLET.