PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaner

tgh08
09-09-2002, 05:48 PM
I have the white interior on a 2001 Launch. Does anyone have ideas on getting the interior good and clean without damaging the water/mildew resistance naturally found in the material. I have been told to be wary of certian products however with each season going by, my interior is becoming more "used" looking and the natural grain is showing up more where I am not getting it deep down an clean. Ideas on products that anyone has found to work good?

DKJBama92Mariah
09-12-2002, 01:48 PM
I've always used Tuff Stuff on my white interior on my '92 with good results. The interior still looks almost like new. It comes in a red and yellow aerosol can and can be found at wal-mart, autozone, or any other auto parts store.

DKJ

09-12-2002, 04:09 PM
I actually use Fantastic. It was the mfr's recommendation for the vinyl that came with my 2002 launch. Works great.

Tig
09-15-2002, 06:53 PM
I use Fantastic and it does a great job.

Brian Raymond
09-19-2002, 02:46 PM
There are a lot of chemicals out there that claim that they are safe for use on vinyls. Many of these products contain chemicals which will clean the vinyl in the short term, however they can do long term damage and cause the vinyl to harden and crack. This is true for both vinyl cleaners and vinyl protectants. Please follow the recommended cleaning instructions sheet that was included in the original boat packet.

All purpose "Fantastic" cleaner is a recommended cleaner. One technique is to spray the stain and massage the area with your finger tips working the dirt out of the grain of the vinyl. Then wipe the area with a clean cotton cloth. As a final step, be sure to wash the area with plain water to remove any "Fantastic" cleaner residue which could damage the vinyl if left alone.

By the way-best of luck to guy using "tuff stuff" your vinyl may not have the same texture a few seasons from now.

09-27-2002, 02:27 PM
I think the 303 protectant is pretty popluar for boat vinyl. It is what I use. About $11 at West Marine.

Salty87
09-27-2002, 04:20 PM
i always hit mine with 303 protectant if i've given it a good scrubbing. armor all is not good, i've heard.

Brian Raymond
09-27-2002, 11:27 PM
When using a vinyl protectant, make sure it contains no petroleum distillates. This is what causes interiors to get hard and dry and to start cracking. There are tons of protectants out there, and are all pretty compatible, just make sure to read the labels.