PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Lock 2008 Launch 24...help?

BigVSlicer
07-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I have a 08 24 Worlds Supra. When driving 30 minutes or more something vapor locks and the boat won't restart. If we poor cold water or put ice on the fuel filter, it takes about 15 minutes then it will start. Dealer says this may be a problem with the placement of the fuel filter in 08 boats and may need to be re routed. Has anyone else dealt with this?

jpeters
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
94 pirata.351 pcm. Vapor locks ?after hot and sitting. This motor has an air bleeder at base of throttle body. Looks like a shrader valve from bicycle inner tube. I unscrew cap and push untill fuel comes out. I think this will often fix the issue at hand. My Problem is more likely a plugged vent to tank?
On another note... my thinking was that the electronic fuel control was having an issue as electronics are affected by extreme heat. The fuel injectors wont allow gas to enter when it does this. The fuel pump however works fine.
Bottom line is that I feel your pain as it is a hassel to lift dog house with a bunch of people in the boat and we are ready to leave when the motor will not start.

86 century
07-24-2012, 02:30 AM
I don't think you are getting a vapor lock the fuel pressure is to high.

The possibility of an electrical part getting hot and not working is high.

I would start looking in the area of the coolant temp sensor or crank sensor.