PDA

View Full Version : 1989 SunSport in California

Memmer99
07-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Selling my 89 SunSport

Just tuned up and ready to go for summer. Lots of upgrades!!! I've owned the boat for 4 years and it has always been kept in the garage. I bought it from Nor Cal Mastercraft and they went through it with a fine tooth comb. I had the rainbow stripes removed from the hull so the boat is all blue now. The interior was replaced in 2006 and is a 7 out of 10 but does have 1 small rip in the seam on the rear sundeck. The boat runs great, sounds great, and looks great. Everyone that sees it thinks it's a late 90s model. It has a 351 Ford engine with 900 hours on it , I really hate to see it go!!

New Trailer in 2005
New trailer tires last year
1200 lbs of Hidden ballast. Fills and drains at the flick of a switch
Original owners manuals and all recipts
New Pioneer Stereo and 1500 watt 9 speaker system
Tower Bimini
Tower miror
Tower lights
Tower speakers
New ACME 480 wakeboarding prop.
Tow rope
Anchor
Dual Batteries
Life Jackets

Here is a link to my Craigslist add with a bunch of pics. If you have any questions please text or call me.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/3124914143.html

Thanks,
James
650-464-2438

Okie Boarder
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
GLWS...let us know how the sale goes. Yours is very similar to mine. Have you rebuilt the stringers or still original? I'm sure you've posted before, but remind me...where do you have the ballast hidden and what it the full set up?

Memmer99
07-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Okie, The stringers are all original. There has only been 3 total owners of this boat and we have all kept it indoors. The motor mount bolts don't move at all and nothing sounds hollow. Anyway I removed the devider under the playpen and installed a 1000 lb fly high triangle sac. It prolly only fills about 600 lbs. Then in the back I removed the ski locker insert and built a brace over the gas tank. In there I put a fly high 650 lb sac. Both sacs are plumbed through a reversable Johnson 12 GPM ultra ballast pump that connects to a through hull in the engine compartment. I had to add a valve to slow the flow to the front sac a little bit. I also have a manuel fill 350 lb sac under the rear bench and a 750lb surf sac that I throw on either side of the dog house.

Okie Boarder
07-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Cool...you did a few similar things to my set up.

Memmer99
04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Bump

My boat is on the market again. I ended up useing it till 4th of July last year then put her away for the winter. Anyway I have tons of pics if anyone is interested please let me know.

The boy
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Do you have a pic of the brace from the ski locker just wondering?

Memmer99
04-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Do you have a pic of the brace from the ski locker just wondering?

Sorry no pic at the moment. All I did was gut the old ski locker and put a piece of weather treated plywood over the tank. then used 2x4s to brace it every 12 inches. It works great and i was able to get a fly high 650 back there.