PDA

View Full Version : boat misfiring and now won't turn over

jdowney15
07-07-2012, 10:55 PM
hey guys i have a 2000 supra launch with the indmar assault ....so today me and a few friends were out riding we all took our sets the boat was running awesome.. then we sat around for about thirty minutes and when i got out to take my next set the boat started and then when u tried to put it in gear it would just die.. so i hopped in and just tried to put rev the motor up and it would start and just act like it was trying to run then it would back fire a couple times bog down and die.. did this for a couple times and now she won't even fire up.. it will crank but no firing up.... temp was good oil pressure was good.. just filled up with fuel.. i thought it was vapor lock so tried the water on fuel pump no go... we got pulled in took about 1 hr tried again no go... there are so many possibilities with EFI motor.. i have never had to hook it up to a reader and wanted to know where the plug in is so if its a sensor i can change that... but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated i think i need to start at the fuel filter and spark plugs.. a bud said proxy bad gas... I'm lost as u can tell reading this .. please help!!

jdowney15
07-08-2012, 09:02 PM
it was a 15 amp fuse

jdowney15
07-16-2012, 11:15 AM
ok guys well i went through 3 15 amp fuses this weekend and it kept blowing them i put a 25 amp fuse and ran all day like a champ.. i talked to the dealer in Albany Ky who was awesome by the way.. they told me to check the grounds, and the fittings on the fuel pump... he said it probably vapor lock and when i am trying to start boat the pump is having to work hard to start the boat so throwing high amperage and blowing a fuse... i am going to run non ethanol fuel in it this week and see where that goes... any suggestions? the dealer said it would burn through that 25 amp fuse before it burnt anything wires up... i read that it could be a low pressure fuel pump but i dont want to start throwing parts at it either? help?

jdowney15
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM
?? no help

86 century
07-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Start by tracking down what is blowing the fuse.

If the fuel pump motor is going bad that would blow the fuse.
If the pump has a bad vain it will have low pressure but there will be less stress on the motor.

wotan2525
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Well -- what does that fuse coorespond to? I'd start there!

jdowney15
07-16-2012, 11:19 PM
so messed around on the boat the fuse is not labeled, but there are three 15 amp fuses in this harness.. the one one the left is blowing.. trying to track this down is easier said than done.. the wires are going into the a huge wiring set up through out the boat.. i took each fuse out and each of them prevent the fuel pump coming on.. the wire colors coming from fuse on the harness thats blowing to fuel pump are same color.. but the only thing is the color of the wire n the middle fuse is the same color as well and that one is blowing... so once again a little lost on what to do now?... if i continue running the boat with a 25 amp fuse will that some how mess things up?

jdowney15
07-20-2012, 11:57 AM
well i took the boat out yesterday with a 15 amp fuse in the boat... since we were riding a ton i didnt really sit with the boat off but for a few minutes ... i ran non ethanol in it and seemed to be in beast mode... i think vapor lock was the issue.. we are goin to the PWT in knoxville next weekend its a 3 1/2 drive anyone with tips to make sure trailer is good to go for that haul?