PDA

View Full Version : Supra V.I.S.I.O.N Frustrations

CincyLaunch
07-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Had an interesting issue this weekend where my VISION Display froze on my 2011 22v. I would turn the key and the system will load and go to the main screen but there all the numbers and gauges are greyed out. No fuel gauge, no tachometer, no speedometer, no oil pressure, no ballast control, etc. This also includes the psuedo analog gauges in the cluster. Everything is controlled by that computer. The only things I can do is turn the engine over and adjust the stereo.

I have tried reseating the fuses under the dash, and on the engine itself. I also tried reseating the connectors on the foreward side of the engine as well as under the dash. Both batteries have good voltage. I do believe there is a new firmware version for this but whatever it is just a simple reboot isn't fixing it.

I have a call into my dealer and he's researching the problem for me but I'm looking for some other recommendations from owners.

Thanks
Dave.

blackout_58
07-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Sorry to hear about that, I have not had anything like that happen to date. How many hours do you have on your boat?

As far as recommendations, you did everything that immediately came to mind that I would have done. Hopefully your dealer can solve this for you as I am interested in hearing what they come up with in case anyone else encounters the same event.

CincyLaunch
07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
It has around 115 hours on it. Which leads me to an interesting when I go to the engine diagnostics page it says it scans for codes finds none. The screen shows that I have 0.0 hours on my engine. While flattering leads me to believe the data link to the engine is broken.

CincyLaunch
07-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Well I took it to my dealer who has had it for coming up on 3 weeks now mid season :( they had to order a new HU from skiers choice who didn't have it in stock :(. Good news is that the warranty technically expired in May but they will cover this. So I can't quite complain with free.

They didn't even know what got fried on the board. So I think I might order a spare one of these just in case.

wotan2525
07-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Ughhh.... this is what makes me SO SO SO SO SO nervous about these systems. A single point of failure that can't be repaired without going back to skiiers choice.

Glad to hear that yours was repaired under warranty!!!

CincyLaunch
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I know I hate skiers choice!! They do everything to try to avoid you and never have any parts in stock. Aggravates me to no end.

cigars n scotch
07-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Ughhh.... this is what makes me SO SO SO SO SO nervous about these systems. A single point of failure that can't be repaired without going back to skiiers choice.

Glad to hear that yours was repaired under warranty!!!

I hear you wotan, these high tech electronics in boats are not necessary or wanted by me but unfortunately they are all coming with them.

Glad to hear they covered it CIncyLaunch.

Justin
2008 Supra 21V
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk