PDA

View Full Version : Ballast draining problems

rtomlinson
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi all - I purchased a used 2010 Sunsport 21V and had it out for the first time this year. The boat only has 27 hours on it so pretty much like new. I did have difficulty draining all 3 ballast bags though. The VISION system would display the percentage for each bag and then would suddenly drop to zero. At that time, the pump would run for a few seconds and then shut-off with the switch blinking once (indicating the bag was empty). This is perplexing to me. I don't quite understand how the VISION system measures the amount in each bag and why it would suddenly drop to zero.

On another note, does anyone recommend upgrading to larger bags in the back lockers? The front bag is a major PITA IMO as it is difficult to get it flat so I don't think upgrading that bag is a possibility.

One other thing - there appeared to be no power to the Kicker amp. Anyone have any ideas on this? I don't know how to tell if the fuse is blown, or which fuse(s) to really check. I had to remove the entire amp board to even look at the Kicker amp fuse.

As you can tell, I am a rookie at all of this stuff, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.