PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Sunsport 21V mods

rtomlinson
07-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Can anyone out there suggest any modifications to the factory 2010 Sunsport 21V? I was thinking of upgrading:

1) Ballast
2) Bimini (to a z5 cargo rack)
3) Dual battery
4) Warm water wash (not so sure about this one though)
5) Tower racks (any suggestions on which ones - we mainly surf)

We are a family with young children so not looking for anything too radical! Any advice is appreciated.

webbbrad
07-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Can anyone out there suggest any modifications to the factory 2010 Sunsport 21V? I was thinking of upgrading:

1) Ballast
2) Bimini (to a z5 cargo rack)
3) Dual battery
4) Warm water wash (not so sure about this one though)
5) Tower racks (any suggestions on which ones - we mainly surf)

We are a family with young children so not looking for anything too radical! Any advice is appreciated.

1 assuming you have standard ballast, it is adequate for most. If you want to surf, get a bigger bag for the side you surf
2 love my z5. It could take care of tower rack needs
3I have dual batt. Do you run lots of stereo? Float and listen lots? If not get you one of those battery jumper packs
4 do you ride in winter? Only time we have used my buddies is to warm up a wetsuit before jumping in cold water
5 plenty of options. Get at least one if you get a z5. There are some fitted for surfboards too

KG's Supra24
07-10-2012, 09:49 AM
1. 750 for surf side is a good idea. Do you have a playpen bow or walk-through?
2. Z5 is top notch. It's going to be hard for my to buy another boat without one.
3. I like the idea of dual batteries for piece of mind. I like the jumper pack idea, just make sure it stays charged
4. I wouldn't use this feature but is a cool idea
5. I bought Monster racks to add in addition to my factory racks. Each holds one surf and one wake (the surf tine could prob hold 2 surfs). There are lots of options out there brand wise. I like what the value of the Monster racks.

Other ideas:

A. Do you boat at night often? LED's are usually cheap and a "neat" upgrade
B. Tinted windows - I love the way it makes the boat look
C. Of course audio (sub, tower speakers, amps, etc)