PDA

View Full Version : Tonight on the lake was the reason I bought a boat.

gogger
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Two friends and I headed to the lake after work, got there a little after 5 p.m. There was maybe 5 other boats and a few that were in a fishing tournament. The water was super smooth. Like glass. We kneeboarded, skied, wakeboarded (tried) and tubed. It was perfect water. We swam a little while, and then took the boat out of the water just before dark. Made it home without a hitch. Perfect evening on the boat. I can say I had a great time.

DAFF
07-10-2012, 11:03 PM
I find outings like this are more mini vacations without all the hastle. Congrats and I am glad all worked out for you and your Piratta..... Notice the CL spelling. LOL

haugy
07-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Awesome. I love nights like those. It's amazing how much they alleviate stress. Sounds like a fun time.

KG's Supra24
07-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Always a big fan of a weekday session.

kvand347
07-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Agree with everyone above. Evening sessions are the best since the wind is usually dying down and there is not many other boaters out. Now that you mention it, I may have to get a crew together for tonight!

86 century
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Aman it's like a little bit of heaven on earth.

scotthons
07-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a great night! That is what I miss most about my brief stay years ago in Sacramento. Getting off work and getting a couple sets in and getting back to the house where my roommate's girlfriend would have dinner waiting for us. I envy you guys that have access to water so close to home.

WakeSurfCanada
07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Can't go wrong with a little "wakeday weeksesh" <--- see what I did there?

Okie Boarder
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Awesome...week nights are so nice. We usually ride until we can't see anymore, then sit for a while, then go home.

whelchel86
07-11-2012, 09:19 PM
How did you make it home without a hitch? :D

Sounds like a fun time.

gogger
07-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Good question. lol. Made it home with a hitch. It was very relaxing. Deer Creek is about 20 minutes from the house. It isn't the biggest around, and a lot of people complain about it. But It is close and was perfect last night. I definitely prefer the weekday evenings to go out. The pirata needs some of the little details worked on, but it runs good, and looks pretty cool. And it does like gasoline. I hope to be able to have many more evenings like last night. Of course I am paying the price tonight. I am exhausted. Not use to playing that hard and staying up late, getting up early and working all day at the prison, and then had to bale hay when I got off work today.

sybrmike
07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Glad to hear the ole Pirata is running well & totally agree with lakin' it till dark. Spent last Sat night just cruising till well after dark on Lake Austin. Even more special for me - second time out since the rebuild, first time out with the entire family (plus bro/sis-in-law and two nephews). So relaxing just listening to that 454 hum along and the water running under the hull (especially since everything worked!). Had a great time watching the kids ham it up, dancing to the new tunes, taking turns driving, etc. Finished the evening anchored off-shore to eat a dinner of sandwiches and chips while watching locals launch leftover fireworks off the pier - couldn't imagine a more perfect shakedown cruise.

86 century
07-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure if its good or bad luck that its so dry our fields are all brown only thing to bail is weeds.

gogger
07-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Well I am worried about the lack of rain on my hay crop. I have quit selling hay and am about 1000 bales short for myself. My phone is ringing off the hook with people looking to buy hay. Even the ohio spca called me today trying to get hay. I am hoping for some good rain. Don't see it coming though. We bale about 20 acres today and got about 50 bales. And it was mostly weeds. But we had to mow them or they would have gotten worse. Hay is going to start getting expensive.

DAFF
07-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Straw too is in short demand this year. Due to the wet fall no one got in the winter wheat ......