PDA

View Full Version : 2007 20 SSV Starting Issues

Goody99
07-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Yesterday, we were ready to take the last set of the day, and when my wife turned the key over, there was no power. I lifted the seat, and the breaker beside the battery was tripped. I closed the breaker and it started fine, and we returned to the marina. This morning, it started fine, then we got out to our wakeboard spot, and had the same problem. This time we closed the breaker, but still no start. Had power to everything except the dash and the ignition. We left it for about 30 minutes, tried it again and it fired right up. Now it's in the marina and I am scared to take it out again. Anyone had this problem before?

kevkev
07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
I have the exact same boat, but have never had that happen. The only thing mine has done before has been with the stereo not working, everything else will work but the stereo acts up for a while and then will work fine the rest of the day. I would check all the wiring under the dash to make sure nothing is loose. Do you have any pictures of your boat? There doesn't seem to be another one on the forum that i can find.

wotan2525
07-13-2012, 10:49 AM
The last thing that you should assume is that you have a failing breaker.... but.... this sounds like it's a possibility.

Make sure all of your battery wiring is tight and looks clean/good. Check that there are no other fuses/breakers tripped.