PDA

View Full Version : Head unit box trouble i think!!??

guy8121
07-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey guys!! New to this forum but I was really hopin to get some help here. I have a 2010 sunsport 21v. It has the 2 mb quart controllers (1 at helm, 1 in glove box) with head unit control box underneath. Also has vision system (i disconnected from control box first season to fix controllers not lighting up). Came with roswell tower speakers, i think fosgate amps and 10inch sub, etc. The stereo system in the last week wont do anything, no lights, sound, nothing, amps arent even lighting up. Fuses, resets, etc all seem to be good. All I can figure is that it is the head unit control box under the glove compartment. Does anyone know how to test and if i could or should replace with a different unit. Any help in this matter would be greatly greatly appreciated.

WakeMC
08-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Yo! I have 2010 22 Launch and am having the same problems with the crappy MB Quart system. I have the 3 wired remotes with the WM1-BB box. At first the ignition had to be turned to run, along with the stereo switch to turn the stereo and amps on. One day my remotes stopped working (all 3) but the backlighting on all the remotes were still on. Then I noticed that I can now have the boat off and the stereo switch off and still run the stereo (if I'm running the iPod off the aux input.) I also have the DVD slave and that is the only way I can turn the amps & stereo on and off. Then my amps went out! ZERO power. I took one of my batteries out and got it tested and sure enough, DEAD! So I replaced both batteries with the CORRECT batteries AGM Dual Purpose Batteries! You might want to check your batteries. I had 2 wet acid CRANK batteries in my boat from Skiers Choice even though they recommend 2 Dual Purpose batteries! Go figure! Anyway, after I installed the new batteries my amps and stereo came back on, but only when I turn the DVD slave on. So my 3 wired remotes still do network even though the backlight comes on. So I'm not sure what is going on. I even checked the fuses and all seem to be fine.

Other brain box systems have a reset button, but I can't find one for this one! I think if I can reset it somehow it may work.

If you have no power at all, you may want to check your crappy batteries that skiers choice gave you! If they were like mine they may be dead. Your system should have a safety feature like mine. Which if your batteries are bad your boat accessories (radio, amps, etc..) will be shut off to conserve power to start your boat again so you are not stuck out on the water. Hopefully if you change those it may all come back on!

Hope this helps, and if anyone can help me please do!