PDA

View Full Version : stereo head unit control box

guy8121
07-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Hey guys! New to this forum but was really hoping to get some help here. I have a 2010 sunsport 21v with 2 stereo controllers(1 at helm, 1 in glove box) with head unit control box under glove compartment. It has vision screen which i unplugged from stereo system first season because it kept controllers from lighting up. In the last week the stereo started acting up and now wont work at all.....nothing, no lights, no sound, no lights on amps, nothing. Fuses are good, resets,etc. Deep cycle battery is brand new this week. Im thinking its head unit control box but i dont know how to test. If it is bad was looking for replacement suggestions as well. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

guy8121
07-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Btw the control box is made by mb quart. Surely one of my fellow supra owners out there has had expierience with these.

csleaver
07-16-2012, 10:38 AM
There should be a harness with a black, yellow and red wire going to the stereo located in the observer compartment. If you hook a ground wire to the black connector and a 12v positive to the yellow and red, you should be able to turn the stereo on. If not, the head unit may not be working.

jonyb
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
What do you mean the vision kept the remotes from lighting up?

You need to get a voltmeter and make sure the head unit has power. In addition to what csleaver said, the white/blue wire turns the amps on/off.

MB Quart used to be pretty good stuff. The company has been whored out over the years to every other car audio manufacturer, and I'm not sure who builds them now. I did find that if you have the face opened to insert a cd, it shuts everything off. I also found that either Skier's Choice pulls the remote wires so tight, that the remote cables won't stay together. At least they did in another boat that I previously worked on.