PDA

View Full Version : Ignition button tripping

yachts
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
87 saltare .. The master power button next to the key keeps popping everytime I go to start it and no power to starter.. When it's pushed in and I don't start it everything works fine but when I turn the key it pops.. Help:)?

Blackntan90
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM
The button may be no good...on my '90 Mariah, the original owner replaced the button with a high amp rated toggle switch. You could try this.Let us know how it works out.

Okie Boarder
07-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I had a problem with mine popping after shutdown when hot. Yours popping while trying to start sounds more like something else is going on besides just the breaker. It would probably be a good idea to test current draw and voltage across that breaker and see if it is abnormal.

92SupraComp
07-15-2012, 02:28 PM
the switch is by E.T.A. they are special breaker switches. It should be a 20 amp. they do go bad. ours went bad so we bypassed it till we bought a new one this summer. $25 FOR A NEW ONE! ouch! we have a 20 amp breaker that we were gonna use but we wanted to have the ability to switch it just cause.

yachts
07-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Working now only one thing changed.. Had left boat at upholsterer to get cover made. Rained real hard boat was uncovered.. I drained boat from rear pug on ramp.. Wonder if starter got wet and was shorting out.. 1 day later it starts fine. No tripping..