PDA

View Full Version : Any input on these?

conbrio90
07-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I know Boss Audio is one of the lower end speakers but I have been looking around for some LOUD tower speakers and the ones I want are very expensive so I was wondering if anyone has heard or has any input on these (Boss MRWT8B 8" 2-Way Marine Wake Tower Speaker, 700 Watts)? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

wotan2525
07-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Do it right or do it twice. I've tried a lot of tower speakers and I can tell you one thing -- buying HLCDs the first time would have been much cheaper for me than buying 3 other setups before I bought the HLCDs.

Keep your eyes open for some used wetsounds or bullets. I'd even go with the Krypt knock-offs before I'd go with Boss.

conbrio90
07-17-2012, 12:29 PM
I have been looking at the Krypt's and maybe I should just bite the bullet and get them but it's just hard for me to drop $375 without cans on speakers. Are those the only brands that make HLCD's?

wotan2525
07-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I have Kicker HLCDs.... I bought them when a retailer made a mistake and was selling them for 50% off. The cans were actually more expensive than the speakers, but I went with some really nice Titan cans.

As far as I know, it's Wetsounds, Kicker, Bullet, Krypt and Exile that are making HLCDs.

dusty2221
07-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Exile and Wetsounds both have HLCD offerings.

Check out ExileAudio.com and you might find some demo's for a steal.

bmtsupra
07-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Shop around. I just picked up a pair of Wet Sounds Pro80's for half price on CL. I was going to buy some mid grade speakers for my tower but my friend said the exact same thing Wotan said "do it right or do it twice". Save and get some quality sound to put on your tower. Those Pro80's sound amazing.

jshepp122
07-17-2012, 03:24 PM
When looking at speakers you want to keep in mind its advertised at 700watts but thats peak power which you will rarely hit, RMS is your continuous power so that is the wattage you will actually get continuously going through the speaker and what you should base it on when looking at watts. RMS is usually half of peak so the Boss you were looking at would actually be 350 watts per pair so 125w each speaker RMS.

whelchel86
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Save up and do it right the 1st time. If you want loud, i don't believe there its Any way you could be satisfied with Boss. There are several options out there in the hlcd market.

Here is one deal/sale that i know of right now. $699/pair

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/PRO80.html