PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurf Rooster Tail.

CornRickey
07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
I've been messing around with my set up a little and need some help. 2003 ssv with 750 in rear on the surf side, GG center filled. The original center bag on the floor behind drivers seat and up onto the rear bench. 11-11.5 mph, plate up.
I get a mis thigh wake but the rooster washes out my rear leg when I'm way forward and the curl from the wake washes it out when I'm farther back. What do I need to do to get a longer pocket and less rooster? Sitting in the water I have about 2 inches to the rubrail. When underway the waterline is almost to the vent so more weight on that side isn't a issue. I'm thinking more up front but the center bag is already a ton of weight.

Patrick56
07-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I haven't had much luck with a long pocket either. (Same boat) You might have a little luck running with the plate down further. You will lose height but it might push the pocket out a little.

I run stock 500lb bag up front, 400lb driver side locker and (2) 650lb bags starting behind the driver's seat and running all the way out onto the sunpad. I am starting to think our hull design isn't that great for surfing. At least not goofy foot.

Payaso2
07-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Plate all the way down, get your people into the side your surfing. Play with the speed a little. Try 10.7. It makes a difference. I replaced the center GG bag with the
1150lb bag and have 750 lb in each corner. Should help clean it up. Good luck