PDA

View Full Version : '89 Supra Comp wake plate

Dinoz
09-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Cheers,

Just bought an '89 Supra Comp, love it!! Just curious though if the plate is adjustable on this model? Would like to get the wake lower for skiing and thought that the plate is adjustable.

Thanks.

DZ

Mike
09-09-2005, 02:06 PM
My 89 Comp has an adjustable wakeplate. In general, adjust down to flatten the wake although likely there is a point where more down starts to hamper other things. On mine there are two threaded adjusters, just remove pins/clips, adjust, re-install the pins/clips.

Mike

Dinoz
09-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks Mike,

I see that there are a lot of screws holding the plate to the hull, I don't need to touch those right? The plate should just flex to the point I would like it at?

Thanks for your help. Do you ski with yours or board? How do you have yours set?

Mike
09-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Correct, no need to touch the screws that hold the plate to the hull.

The boat is set up for skiing although we do have two boys that wakeboard. So far they haven't been after me to make the wake bigger (likely because they get pulls from other boats on the lake that are set up for wakeboarding).

I just made small adjustment (a couple of turns at a time) and did a test drive/ski to get to what I thought was the best wake. I did the adjusting while the boat was in the water which is a bit of a bother (you have to go underwater to do it so goggles and sure hands to not drop the pins is required - you might want to do it by putting the boat in and out of the water).

Best of luck,

Mike

washmaster
09-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Let me "me too" this post. I've just acquired a TS6M. My plate is missing the turnbuckles, adjusting rods or whatever you call them. The plate is the non-hinged variety.
1. Where can I get the necessary hardware?
2. Can I run without the braces temporarily?
3. Would a hinged, more radically adjustable plate be a better improvement? If so is there one that fits my older (1988) model?

-ah