PDA

View Full Version : Buying my first Supra

looneyde
07-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

New to the forums. Buying my first boat and have decided to make it a supra! I have found 2 very nice used boats in my area and am having trouble deciding which the better deal is. Or if neither is that great of a deal and I should wait until it's off peak season to buy.

I really like the looks and features of both of these, I just don't want to wind up too upside down. I only plan on keeping either of these for a couple of years to learn the ropes and become comfortable before purchasing a new one.

Here it goes...

1). 2009 Supra Launch 20ssv - $41k
120 hours
black/green color scheme
perfect pass
power wedge
ballast system
bimini
2 covers
kenwood tower speakers x 2
clarion amp and kicker amp
heater
no sub
single battery
docking light
single axel trailor
bow filler cusion
original owner w/maintence records/manual
pristine condition

2). 2009 Supra Launch 21V - 45k
125 hours
black/red color scheme
perfect pass
power wedge
ballast system
bimini
2 covers
wet sounds tower speakers x 4
Tower Lights
wet sounds 420 eq
amps for interior and tower speakers
heater
subwoofer w/amp
dual batteries
docking light
dual axel trailor
rotating board racks
original owner w/maintence records/manual
pristine condition

Let me know your thoughts on the price given options, condition, hours. Is the 21V worth the added cost?

Thanks for the help!

chrisk
07-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Go for the 21V... If you're like most people on this forum, you're going to end up wanting to add more audio stuff to your boat and it sounds like the 21v is already heavily updated with good quality stuff.

Also, if wakeboarding is your thing, the 21V wake is head and shoulders the winner.

CornRickey
07-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Both of those boats are better than new (depreciation) I wouldnt be buying anything in that year spread without anticipating keeping it for the long haul so buy what you like. Personnally I would go with the longer one and tandem trailer.

Ptownkid
07-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi all,

Buying my first boat, I only plan on keeping either of these for a couple of years to learn the ropes and become comfortable before purchasing a new one.

Let me know your thoughts
Thanks for the help!

I think I'm jealous...

webbbrad
07-20-2012, 08:27 PM
I have 21v so I'm biased a little but the 21v is a lot more boat than just the 1.5 feet.

whelchel86
07-20-2012, 08:48 PM
I'd go with the 21v.

cigars n scotch
07-20-2012, 09:28 PM
21V all the way no questions asked. I bought my 08' 21v with zero hours and everything you have listed there minus the tower speakers and dual batteries for a few thousand less than what that one is listed for. But I bought during the credit crisis and the dealer had to unload a 2 yr old boat they received from a dealer that went bankrupt.

The 21v is a much better boat, you can wakeboard on it, surf on it, it has a great wake and has a lot of room for a 21 ft boat.

Good luck on your boat search and let us know what you choose.

blackout_58
07-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I agree with everyone else, and I personally have a 21V with a majority of the features you listed and love it, go for the 21V

looneyde
07-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Do the prices seem reasonable?

foxriverat
07-21-2012, 12:01 PM
That seems reasonable price compared to what people are asking for 21v`s check out these classified.http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?search_string=supra+launch+21v&category=8&Region=na&cityselect=zip&location=60134&maxDist=50000&region_us=1&srchType=&showeb=1&keytype=adv&minAsk=&maxAsk=&subcat=boo