PDA

View Full Version : 2006 20SSV Gravity Games Edition

MrNobody
07-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Hey all. This is my first boat ( that my parents haven't owned). Everything is going well, but its seems like their is some flaws in the ballast system. Also, my boat cover doesn't seem to keep the water out. Any suggestions, especially on the cover.

Rick

CornRickey
07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Welcome, I don't know how to answer your questions being that they are so vague. What's the actual issue with your ballast? Cover leaking threw a seam? Help us help you partner.

MrNobody
07-22-2012, 09:27 PM
The ballast just seems like one tank never wants to drain right. I have to shut it off and start again. It isn't a heat issue, it is more of a vacuum issue. I have burped the bags and everything. It just seems to be temperamental.

The cover just seems like its lost its waterproof characteristics. I don't think it is a seem. It rains and the nose of the boat is just soaked. The back is ok, the front not so much. The stitching looks tight, there is no pooling on the cover, so I think I just need to treat it with some Scotch Guard or that Starbrite stuff.

Rick

CornRickey
07-22-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm not familiar with the newer system. A search will probably get you farther than me speculating on that one. I know I moved my drain pumps to the bag fitting and I don't have any issues with them no draining anymore. As for the cover, I just treated my snap covers with the Starbrite stuff and it works well but it has been leaving steaks on my jellcoat. There black like you would see on a rv and will wipe off but there is a residue that is left that downturn co.e off easy. Next time I'm going to go with the expensive stuff.

Diggs
07-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Are you using the tent poles under your cover?