PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a 1986 Supra Comp TS6m Ski Boat, is this a good deal!!?

xxRyguyxx
07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello, new to the forum

I am not really familiar with these boats but I was offered it as a trade for my atv which is worth a little less than the asking price. What do you think this boat is worth and what do you guys think of it?? I hope you can post links here http://www.precisionpowersports.ca/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=00023157X7K23K2012J7I37I5 2JAMQ6221R0&veh=2578101 Prices are in canadian$$

matt k
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
seems like a decent deal IF the stringers are in good shape.

xxRyguyxx
07-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Whats the best way to check the stringers? Also I found out that it has no reverse, and it needs the rear seal replaced (The seal that goes around the driveshaft). I havent done a lot of work on boats but I am a mechanic so I could figure most of this stuff out. How much work would it be to change that seal and can I still get it?

DAFF
07-23-2012, 11:30 PM
I think this one has some issues. Has been for sale since last year about this time. By looking at the ride height I think the foam is soaked and more than likely the stringers are soft. I would keep looking. Lots of stuff in the us and importing is EZ.

xxRyguyxx
07-24-2012, 08:31 AM
I think this one has some issues. Has been for sale since last year about this time. By looking at the ride height I think the foam is soaked and more than likely the stringers are soft. I would keep looking. Lots of stuff in the us and importing is EZ.

That was one of the first things I noticed how low it was in the water but was not sure if they were supposed to be like that.. I am looking at the boat tomorrow and I will check the stringers, I searched up lots of info from this forum on that.

cadunkle
07-24-2012, 10:09 AM
That boat is sitting pretty low for only having two people in it... Unless they're running some ballast and you just can't see it. $6900 Seems steep for a Comp anyhow, especially if it needs a few things... Or especially if it needs stringers. $5k I think would be top dollar for a Comp, unless you're really into slalom. For $5k-$7k you could get a nice SN2001 and have a better wake or be into a SunSport or Saltare in similar or better condition.

xxRyguyxx
07-24-2012, 07:02 PM
That boat is sitting pretty low for only having two people in it... Unless they're running some ballast and you just can't see it. $6900 Seems steep for a Comp anyhow, especially if it needs a few things... Or especially if it needs stringers. $5k I think would be top dollar for a Comp, unless you're really into slalom. For $5k-$7k you could get a nice SN2001 and have a better wake or be into a SunSport or Saltare in similar or better condition.

Well I am actually trading my atv which is really only worth 3k in my opinion, so if I can get 5k out of it I will be laughing really or enjoy it. Also I live on a canal with lots of seaweed in the water and the bay I am on has quite a bit as well.. I know seadoos have a problem with it. Are these boats okay for that type of water with lots of floating seaweed?

Robby05
07-24-2012, 07:33 PM
My dock at the lake has a lot of seaweed. Have never sucked any into the intake and caused an overheating issue, but constantly get it wrapped around the prop and rudder. Not a huge deal, but you have to get under the boat and cut it out.