PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Saltare on ebay

kvand347
07-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Anybody see this on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supra-23-Saltare-1990-wakeboard-ski-boat-/261071083485?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item3cc90c97dd

kvand347
07-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Or this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Supra-Launch-Wakeboarding-Boat-/261072206971?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item3cc91dbc7b

I wonder how she started on fire?? Makes you want to run your blower before starting, doesn't it?

wotan2525
07-24-2012, 11:24 AM
That second one looks like a perfect "project" boat.

I'm going to go out on a limb after seeing their stereo equipment/battery setup and say that it was an electrical issue that started the fire.

kvand347
07-24-2012, 11:40 AM
That second one looks like a perfect "project" boat.

I'm going to go out on a limb after seeing their stereo equipment/battery setup and say that it was an electrical issue that started the fire.

I agree about the Launch being a great project boat and I hear you about the electrical issue. Good call, sir!

You think that Saltare is over-priced for being wood? I know he must have a lot in the stereo, but I can't see that raising the price that much! I could be wrong here...you and Haugy are the Saltare guys!

wotan2525
07-24-2012, 11:52 AM
You think that Saltare is over-priced for being wood? I know he must have a lot in the stereo, but I can't see that raising the price that much! I could be wrong here...you and Haugy are the Saltare guys!

Yes. I mean... I hope not. ;)

Without the stringers being done, I wouldn't go anywhere near that boat. I don't think we've seen many Saltares being sold for over $10k (even though we also haven't seen many come up for sale with that much after-market work done to them.)

My boat has had the stringers done and has about the equivalent investment in stereo equipment. I wouldn't think I could get $13.9k for it unless the absolute PERFECT buyer came along and I wasn't in any hurry to sell it.

kvand347
07-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes. I mean... I hope not. ;)

Without the stringers being done, I wouldn't go anywhere near that boat. I don't think we've seen many Saltares being sold for over $10k (even though we also haven't seen many come up for sale with that much after-market work done to them.)

My boat has had the stringers done and has about the equivalent investment in stereo equipment. I wouldn't think I could get $13.9k for it unless the absolute PERFECT buyer came along and I wasn't in any hurry to sell it.

Lol! Yeah, if that thing sells for that price then I expect your boat will be up on ebay very quickly! BTW--good luck with your water pump issue...wish I could help you out!

cadunkle
07-24-2012, 03:02 PM
For $14k the depth finder and trailer brakess better work, and the trailer bunks should be recovered. I don't give a hoot about the stereo equipment... It plays music, good enough for me. That's pretty much top dollar for a wood Saltare. If he truly restored it (new stringers, no foam, at least a few pictures before putting it back together), and spend half as much attention to the condition of the boat as he did some whippersnapper stereo, he could probably get $15k if he was patient.

haugy
07-24-2012, 06:51 PM
For that much, that boat needs to be WAAAAY better condition. I'd barely give him 10k.

Yeah, the stereo does not make your boat worth more. A nice feature, but the boat has to be solid as a rock first. Then the stereo adds value.

Ptownkid
07-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't think that price is THAT far out of line IF it is in good condition and the stringers are solid...I'm not sure what you guys are smoking to say that a stereo does not make the boat worth more, because it absolutely does. Maybe not to you (or me for that matter), but definitely to someone who is going to spend thousands putting that type of system in.

I love you guys, and truly value your opinions, but sometimes there a total lack of objectivity and it makes me chuckle.

cadunkle
07-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I love you guys, and truly value your opinions, but sometimes there a total lack of objectivity and it makes me chuckle.

You whippersnappers with your over head valves and hydraulic brakes... Get off my lawn! :p

Ptownkid
07-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I will admit...the brake thing bothers me, and I ain't so young, I'm 34. I'm sorry about your lawn.

kvand347
07-25-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree with both sides here. Like Haugy said, the boat needs to be 100% solid to ask that much for a '90. If it is, then I agree with Ptown that the stereo is going to add extra value to the boat. With that said, you'd be really lucky to get half of what you paid for in the stereo. So, if Haugy says $10,000 for the boat (pending inspection of the stringers), I could see how the person is asking $14,000. I suppose if it doesn't sell, then he will know that he placed it higher than market value.

BTW--I'm 32...stay off my grass! :p

haugy
07-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Last time I checked, a stereo doesn't keep your boat afloat, or intact, or running. It's an accessory, that's it. What good are race tires for my car, if I can't get the clutch to work? Lack of objectivity? That's what is bringing me to my decision about it. I look at it as a boat.

He can ask all he wants, I'm not knocking on that, I asked more than that for my last boat. But his big focus is all on stereos, that leads me to believe that the rest of the boat has been neglected or not maintained as it should be for that number. He has a bunch of blingy crap on it. LCD Stereo, Bandpass box for a seat, 4 blade prop(bout the only mod I like), and blingy rims.

Nevermind the obviously patched, but not matched captains chair. The white duct tape on the rear seat, the rust showing on the freshly painted trailer. A Supra Launch swim platform. Yeah, it's pristine. :D:D

Jetlink
07-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Oh snap!!! And to think you saw all that from small pictures on an Ebay add. God help the seller if you get closer than 10 feet to that boat to pick it apart. :D

kvand347
07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh snap!!! And to think you saw all that from small pictures on an Ebay add. God help the seller if you get closer than 10 feet to that boat to pick it apart. :D

Hahaha! I think I'm going to fly Haugy up to me whenever I decide to upgrade my current boat. He can tell me what's wrong with the boat as I negotiate price with the owner! His critical eye would pay for his ticket by itself! Win, win!

Ptownkid
07-25-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not saying that you're wrong condition wise, and based on your points and observations you are probably right about it's overall condition...but again, the stereo is worth nothing to YOU...which makes the boat overpriced for YOU, not everyone. Two identical boats are not worth the exact same amount when one of them has thousands in upgrades...

haugy
07-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Two identical boats are not worth the exact same amount when one of them has thousands in upgrades...

Very true. The upgrades on mine are what helped sell it.

I don't think I was clear enough in my first post. My apologies. My point was, the overall condition of the boat, AND the stereo do not make it worth that. Just because it has thousands in stereo equipment doesn't mean it's worth the number on it. It does add value. But only so much.

Ptownkid
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Of course, and I added some big IFS into my original statement...I did not notice most of the stuff you did as i did not look as carefully.

Carry on...

Jetlink
07-25-2012, 04:18 PM
That boat reminds me of those carfax commercials on TV. The car is decent but they start asking about the report and the dealer tries to throw them off with other distractions like, eleventy-billion dollar stereo installs... Just saying, yeah, a killer stereo that floats is nice, it does not do me any good if it doesn't float or I have to invest a whole bunch into it to get it running right.

DAFF
07-25-2012, 05:11 PM
The launch is gone.... Looked like an EZ fix to me, mostly electricial and cosmetic.

As for the other, way too much. Yes extras add value but to an extent. I would spend 14 on a rougher composte before a almost perfect woody.

haugy
08-06-2012, 11:04 PM
BUMP for Kracker and Landeo. :D

Kracker, I don't think your tower is from the 70s. If anything it's definitely 80's rockin! Throw on some Jams, and a Swatch watch and be proud!