PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaning products

Brenton
07-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Im just wondering is anyone knows of or has used any cleaning products on their seats that work exceptionaly well. my interior is in greats shape but the dingy stuff that sits down in the grain is making the seats look worn and dirty. any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

CornRickey
07-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Window cleaner and a tooth brush bit something with fine brissles .

kevkev
07-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Rubbing Compound will clean them to look brand new again. I found this out on accident while buffing above the rub rail on my boat earlier this year. Have not had any ill effects on the interior as of yet.

cadunkle
07-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I use Blue Magic vinyl cleaner (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Leather-and-Vinyl-Cleaner-Blue-Magic-Products_7050082-P_N3309_T|GRP2074___). Easy to find off the shelf at most places and seems to work better than other off the shelf products stocked locally. I use a large soft bristled brush to scrub it in and work all the texture of the vinyl. I know there are better products out there but this is what I've found locally that works. Important to scrub, nothing will clean the texture with just wipe on wipe off.

Diggs
07-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Head to the $1 store and grab a bottle of Totally Awesome Cleaner. It is in a frosted white bottle and has read lettering on it and the cleaner is kind a yellowish color. Spray it generously on the vinyl and then take a scrub brush at it. Get it good and wet with spray. Follow it with a towel and it will be like brand new. Found this product a few years ago and have used it on the dirtiest of boats. Tons of people on Wakeworld use it as well and everyone speaks highly of it. I have used it and Malco Vinyl cleaner (which is highly recomended by boat people) and found the smell and cleaning to be the same. I brought it up on Wakeworld that I thought they were the same. Someone actually chemically tested it and found it to be almost exactly the same as Malco Vinyl cleaner but the cost is about 1/30th..... I am convinced it is the same product but re-marketed for the $1 store. Give it a shot and you will be speaking the praises too.....
Try to keep it off the Gel Coat or you will have to go clean that, cause it leaves streaks. No damage, just streaks....

wotan2525
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Head to the $1 store and grab a bottle of Totally Awesome Cleaner. It is in a frosted white bottle and has read lettering on it and the cleaner is kind a yellowish color. Spray it generously on the vinyl and then take a scrub brush at it. Get it good and wet with spray. Follow it with a towel and it will be like brand new. Found this product a few years ago and have used it on the dirtiest of boats. Tons of people on Wakeworld use it as well and everyone speaks highly of it. I have used it and Malco Vinyl cleaner (which is highly recomended by boat people) and found the smell and cleaning to be the same. I brought it up on Wakeworld that I thought they were the same. Someone actually chemically tested it and found it to be almost exactly the same as Malco Vinyl cleaner but the cost is about 1/30th..... I am convinced it is the same product but re-marketed for the $1 store. Give it a shot and you will be speaking the praises too.....
Try to keep it off the Gel Coat or you will have to go clean that, cause it leaves streaks. No damage, just streaks....

I use this stuff all the time. I buy a case of it at a time and use it for EVERYTHING in the garage.

ruby23m
08-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Saw this thread and had to go to the new dollar store in town to get the Totally Awesome Cleaner... the stuff is amazing! Had a whole summers worth of scum built up at the waterline and it took it off with very little elbow grease. Can't wait to clean the vinyl with it, I have some spots that just don't seem to wanna clean up.

wotan2525
08-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Hah! Don't use it on the outside of the boat for the scum line! Get "hull cleaner" at Fleet Farm. And don't buy the environmentally friendly version. It takes off the scum without any scrubbing.

87SunSportMikeyD
08-20-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm still using Exquisite from ebay. Few minutes of soak time and a soft brush.

NorCalPR
08-20-2012, 08:16 PM
X2 for Exquisite. I used it on my last boat, and my current boat.

Blackntan90
08-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Totally awesome for me! Been using it on 23 year old vinyl for a couple of years now...works great even cut with water!

Loadup
09-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Totally Awesome is just that. I just finished a deep cleaning and might not replace vinyl on a couple of seats they cleaned up so good. I wish I would have taken before and after pics. Now what do you use to condition after such a good cleaning ?

Blackntan90
09-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I love the 303 products, but they are pricey. For week to week I use some of the 'nano'protectant from the auto store-seems to work pretty good. If you know someone that works at a car dealer, ask them if you can have a jug of the commercial stuff. Some of the stuff my friend gets for me smells like cotton candy!

PATROLW871
09-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Hot Sauce Boat Cleaner Work really good they have it all...

haugy
09-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Exquisite sucks. And I mean royally sucks. It may do some day to day light weight stuff, but if the boat needs to be brought back to life, I have multiple choices that are better than that waste of crap.

Some of the ones I've used successfully

Light grime:
303 cleaner
Fantastic (followed with 303 protectant)

Heavy grime:
Simple green (followed with 303 protectant)
Fantastic with soak time (followed with 303)
And a mix I've made that I used on the Saltare.

Jetlink
09-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Haugy, how much you charging for your secret recipe that you used on the salt? I might want to try that on my comp.

supraaddict
09-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Haugy, Let me know if you start selling that stuff as well.